3) gorgeous

Eric slouched on the couch, head resting on Jack's arm behind him as he thought about the woman in the room behind him. He genuinely did like Rachel and her company, even if it did take a lot of energy to keep her away from Jack.

"We better make it safe for her before it's too late," Eric stated, poking Jack's knee with every word. They discussed it and maybe Rachel did notice their constant competition for her. The last thing they wanted to do was make her uncomfortable in a place she's supposed to call home...no matter how hot she is.

Personally, if Eric were Rachel, he would be flattered being smothered in gifts. Sure the bird was a bit of a stretch, but when put next to Jack's book, it was obviously the superior gift of woo-ing. Instead, she just went to her room in a jumble of emotions that neither of them could really identify.

As if on cue, Rachel came down the stairs with a huge suitcase in her arms and the two boys stood up quickly. Her face looked stressed. "Oh no, it's too late," Jack murmured from behind him, seeing it at the same moment he did.

He felt alarm bells ringing in his head with every step she took. Had they really gone too far this time?

His eyes followed her as she dragged the luggage out of her room, worried that she would actually walk out. Before he could rationalize properly in his head, Eric pointed his finger at Rachel as if to freeze her in place, "We're not letting you go." Her hops down the stairs stopped abruptly as she paused, looking up at him now very confused.

"What?"

"We know why you have to leave," Jack added, pointing at her similarly to how Eric just did.

"Why do I have to leave?" Rachel questioned them, placing the suitcase down next to her. Eric started to get a little uneasy as her eyes locked onto them. She was a woman of great strength.

He elaborated anyway, mainly because of fear of her leaving before he can explain and fear of her getting the wrong idea and wrestling him to a pulp (though, now that he thinks of it, maybe that isn't so bad).

"Because of the extreme sexual tension we've created in this here– your new habitat," Eric stuttered slightly, walking towards her and putting his hand to his chin while simultaneously bracing himself for her response.

"Oh, yeah," she tensely put her hands in her pockets, squaring her shoulders, "you feel it too huh?"

Eric was a bit relieved that she wanted to talk about it. He was also extremely alarmed that she was aware of their 'chasing after her' and hadn't left yet.

"Yes and we realize that if we have any chance of keeping you here, we have to control ourselves and our– uh feelings," Jack added, walking up in front of Eric.

"Oh, you don't need to do that," Rachel interjected, "I think it's sweet and you guys are totally entitled to whatever it is you do. Just act as if I'm not here." She smiled at them so casually that it made the other two feel strangely unsettled. Eric had to pinch himself.

They stared at her in shocked silence, confused looks on their faces. Jack held his hands out in disbelief. "I'm not sure you unders–" Jack was interrupted once more, but this time with an elbow to his ribs.

"If the woman says it's fine, then it's fine, Jackie," Eric gritted through his teeth that were in a smile.

Rachel stooped down and grabbed her luggage. "I'm sorry if you felt pressured to tell me, but it was...kind of obvious," She laughed and made her way to the door, "Anyways, I was just taking my old boyfriend's things to burn in the incinerator. No leaving from me."

Both boys' jaws slightly fell as she walked out the door, dragging the luggage out as if it were nothing.

After a while, Jack finally spoke, "That was...really weird."