Dare Devil

The weekened is approaching and one event is coming that is an event of all events. The Waldorf sleepover. The only thing missing during Blair's set up, is her best friends, Charlotte and Serena.

At school Serena finds Jenny, Dan's little sister. "Hey, just the little sister I was looking for. I need answers and I need them now. Your brother is being very mysterious about our date tonight." Serena tells the freshman girl. "Well, he's a very mysterious guy, apparently." she responds. "Look, he won't even tell me where we're going. Can you just give me a hint? Are we going to some secret club to see the best unsighned band in Brooklyn? Or-or a guerilla art exhibit in Dumbo? Or, hey, isn't the New York Film Festival still going on?" she asks. "You dont' leave much room for surprise, do you" Jenny thinks aloud. "Well, I don't know how to dress for a surprise. Not everything goes with it, you know." "Well, I'd say jeans and a T-shirt is a safe bet" Jenny responds. "The Humphrey men do casual Friday every day." Just then Serena announces she's getting a call from her brother. Finding out Eric is able to leave for a weekend.

Just then the two approach Charlotte, Blair, and the minons. "What was that I heard? Eric's coming home? It's perfect timing." Blair sates. "How so?" Serena questions. "Well, it gives your mother and brother time to bond alone tonight while you get drunk on Schnapps and moon the NYU dorms from the limo." "Blair, what are you talking about?" "S, it's only the most important night of the fall" Charlotte chimes in. "Oh, the sleepover." S relaizes. "I prefere soiree" B adds. "Sleepover is so sophomore year." "Look, you know I can't go to that. I have that plan." "Serena, when there's a Waldorf soiree, there's nothing else on the social calendar." "Blair, the plan is Dan. Remember, the guy you realized is actually a human being and worthy of your time and attention?" S tells B "No offense" she adds turning to Jenny. "None taken" she assures. "Look, I'm really sorry, but this date is unbreakable. Maybe we can swing by later or something-" "I'm not a stop along the way I'm a destination. And if you refuse to attend, I'm gonna have to find a replacement." Blair turns to her minoins "Girls, the waiting list" "Okay. Well, uh, I should get going." Blair waves her off, Charli smiles, and Serena leaves. That's when Charlotte looks up. "Little Jenny Humphrey, why haven't we thought of this before?" Charli asks while getting B's attention. "You have no plans. You're coming to the soiree" B tells Little J. "Me? Really?" "Her? Really?" the minions add. "The thing is, if you come, you'll have to be up to a little more than just sleeping." B warns. "I'm up for anything" Little J assures. "My place. 7 o'clock sharp." Jenny agrees then walks off. "Oh, a girls first sleepover" B starts. "Something she'll never forget" Charlotte finsihes. "Let's make sure of it" B adds. "Taking bets on how long she lasts" a minon says. "Fifty bucks says an hour and not one minute more." Followed by smirks and chuckles from the girls.

Later that night Serena gets a knock from Dan, finally, an uninterrupted date. "Hey, uh, am I early or..." Dan asks looking at Serena in Jeans and a shirt. "No. No, I, uh, I'm just running late" Serena says with an embarassed look. "Come in". Dan of course enters. "Excuse me while I slip into something a little less comfortable." "Sure, sure" he says as they laugh and enter the living space of the hotel suite. "Talk to me while I change?" a hopeful Serena asks. "Yeah, I will" he replies, "Say, it's a nice place that you and... 800 other people have got here." "Yeah, the, uh, identical surroundings do make you crazy after a while. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a secret government experimetnt." "Most government experiments don't have plasma TVs or... maid services. Just something I've noticed." "Dan!" a familiar voice alerts. "Does Serena know you're here?" he turns his head to see Serena's mother, Lily van der Woodsen. "Yeah, of course. yeah, she let me in. At least, I hope that was her. She's about uh, yea tall and very blond?" he struggles for words as he brings his and up to mark the height of the girl. "It makes jokes. Cute." the mother hatefully says. "Big shopping day?" hey asks noticing several bags in the woman's hands. "I had a lot on my mind." she claims. "So, where are you taking my daughter tonight?" "Uh, I don't know. I thought we'd do a tour of the New York underground and visit my friends, the mole people. They're great, except they only ever eat leftovers." he pauses, "I'm sorry. I don't know why I just said any of that. I have, I have this thing, this nervous tic where I never stop speaking, like, ever. In fact, when I was a little boy, my mom used to say there was never a word I met that I didn't like. You know what else I like? Your daughter. I-I really like your daughter I-" he finally gets cut off by Serena opening a door revealing her in a cute short black dress. "You're not wearing that with that are you?" her mom asks noticing Serena's bag. "Ugh mom" Serena fades. "Here, take this" her mom turns to grap a little hand bag. "Aww thank you" S starts. "Hey um, where's Eric? I thought he was gonna be home by now."
"Oh, he was to tired to come home tonight." "Mom." "Later". Serena scoffs taking the hand of the Brooklyn boy and leading him out the door. "Home by 1 o'clock. Bonus points for 12:45" Lily adds as they walk out the door.