001 ; telepathy(?) club, and chaos.

The telepathy club was a sham, much contrasting with its uptight name.

"So...do we do actually do anything or is it just a bunch of wannabes lazing around a bunch of half-eaten snacks?"
I abruptly asked, breaking the prolonged silence without cushioning my brief quip. After all, I was getting tired of sitting in this foldable seat looking like a fool.

Tome's head immediately cocked to the side, her eyes meeting mine as she tried to look serious despite the crumb going unnoticed above her upper lip.
"Hey. I'll have you know everyone here is very serious in keeping this practice of establishing the supernatural as legitimate thriving — and I care about the members like I would my own family!"

Yeah. Definitely you care, especially with how passionately you pulled over a lawn chair from the piled up mess somewhere in the faraway corner for your new member to sit in. I'm sure you wouldn't lend your poor dying grandpa this chair you probably found dumpster diving behind a Denny's parking lot.

Seriously I think it's just one adjustment in position away from snapping underneath me.

"Then why's he playing 100 stage mega rainbow obby right beside me?"
I spoke in response. To be frank, I never learnt any of their names beside Tome's.

"Oh yeah, who?"
She retorted in that smartass voice again, her arms folding over her chest.

"Him!"
My voice slightly raised, attempting to further my point as I prodded an accusing finger into one of the guy's faces.
I'd argue the only defining features helping me differentiate from him and the other three were his sunken in cheekbones and how lankier he was compared to them, still doesn't mean I'd ever think of giving two shits about his name.

Tome stayed silent for a brief moment, mouth parted but still void of a response. It seemed as if she didn't know how to form a suitable remark in return, or it was just her lacking simple brain power like I'd expect.

"His name's Haruto! So cut it out already and don't pull my innocent club members into this. How about we settle this outside, huh?"
She finally grimaced, standing up from her seat.

"You're not scary, okay? Your bangs are way too short for your face, they don't even frame your fat cheeks flatteringly!"
I leave my seat promptly after her, furthering the argument without thinking rationally.

The sudden insult drew a gasp from everyone sitting at the table, Tome staring at me with big eyes that'd look like they'd pop out their socket if she stared any harder.

I watch her hurry over to the side of the room which belongs to the body improvement club, reach for a weight and struggle with picking it up all in complete silence. She picks it up briefly before dropping back down with a thud, then scurries back over to the bookshelf and grips a thick spine and swings her arm back.

"HEY — HEY! KURATA!"
Naruto , or Haruto.. whatever his name was called out. The other npcs I forgot were in the club to begin with stood up to intervene, dropping whatever they were holding to restrain Tome. Failing miserably.

My face contorted in complete horror, wondering if a tacky designed book named, 'How to communicate with horses: a must-have book for all die hard horse girls' flying towards my face would be the last thing I'd ever see.

Instinctively my hands came out, shielding my face as she let the book out her grasp: the book leaving her hands and sent darting towards me.

"FIGHT ON!"

The whole room broke out in noise, a door slamming open and a group of buff sweaty guys rushing in with their booty shorts riding up their muscular thighs.