eleven

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅──╮

it had been about a week since itadori had fully healed and tomorrow was the day that the kyoto school came to tokyo for the sister school exchange event.

in the lead up, you had been training with your second year peers, as well as megumi and nobara, whilst itadori had been training with gojo, so you guys hadn't been talking as much.

tonight itadori would be making a special dinner for the two of you, celebrating his last day of hiding in your dorm.

if you were completely honest with yourself, you were going to miss his company, but your pride would never allow you to admit that to him or even yourself.

you sat on the kitchen counter as itadori rambled on about how excited he was to see everyone again. you honestly zoned out for a lot of it, but one part of his crazy ramble caught your attention,

"me and gojo-sensei decided that it would be a good idea to surprise everyone on the day!"

"what." you deapanned,

"yeah! isn't it such a great idea? everyone will be so happy!"

"itadori.. i know you aren't the brightest, but this is like.. one of the worst ideas ever,"

"HUH?" he exclaimed, dropping his cooking spoon, "what do you mean?!? gojo-sensei thought it would be a good idea!"

"ARE YOU-?" you calmed yourself down and sighed, "why would you listen to him? he's just as socially unaware as you are!"

"just you watch y/n! i'm gonna be right!"

"you wanna bet on it?" you smirked,

"you know what? yeah! i do wanna bet on it,"

"alright then.. 1500 yen goes to whoever wins the bet!"

"fine. get ready to be 1500 yen poorer, y/n!" itadori exclaimed confidently,

"of course, itadori," you smiled.

╰┈➤

after your bickering with itadori ended, you went out to your living room to watch some tv while he cooked up a "special dinner,"

you had no clue as to what he was cooking since he has been cooking pretty nice meals for you already since his time of arriving. you thought it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary, but you couldn't be less wrong.

itadori had come into the living room to tell you dinner was ready. he covered your eyes claiming that it had to be a surprise. he guided you to the kitchen area with his hands on your eyes and took it off on the count of three for you to see a multiple course meal arranged nicely on your table.

there was a range of foods including tempura, fried tofu, miso soup, rice and thinly sliced meat. your mouth watered at the sight.

you pulled out your phone to take a picture of all the food arranged on the table, while itadori decided to attempt to photobomb it by putting his hand in front of all the food. you simply brought your phone up to face him as he smiled and put a thumbs up in your pink apron. you clicked a picture and thanked itadori for cooking all of this for the both of you,

"itadori, this is amazing!" you exclaimed, putting a chunk of meat in your mouth,

"i would hope so, i haven't made anything like this.." he smiled, looking directly at you as you ate the meal he cooked for you,

"i'm really glad gojo-sensei made you stay here. thank you for everything, itadori," you smiled gratefully.

for that moment, itadori wasn't actually focused on the food, he was just looking at you. he was over the moon due to the fact you enjoyed his company and the cooking he poured his heart and soul into. you realised his staring after about a minute,