𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐞:𝟓

Lao Wang, will you marry me?

The airport falls into a hushed silence as Wangji gasps, holding back tears.

Wangji (stammering)

I... I didn't see this coming

Wuxian (smiling in tears, but staying in the same position)

Me too....damn, It is not supposed to be like this.

Wangji (still overwhelme and little confuse)

Huh???

Wuxian(raises his free hand and wipes Wangji's tears)

Living far from you feels like dying bit by bit. I was not able to live my life without you.

I have been planning to propose you the very day we graduated but that letter was received even before I could put my wish.....I even carrying this ring almost for 2 or maybe 3 years..now.

But I couldn't gather courage......not because I had any fear or insecurities but because I didn't want to disappoint you. I didn't want to hurt your expectations from me...from us. I wanted to make you feel proud about me. I wanted to be worth of the trust you put on me....I wanted yo be a man..a partner whom you deserve. I wanted to be perfect for you.

They both chuckles but Wangji is more than surprise in a good way.

Wuxian(continues)

Becoming a lawyer was one of my dreams but all my dreams converged when you stepped into my life. Everything in my life starts with you and ends at you only. I remember Wangji....our teenage dreams....being together, living together and trust me I already made up my mind to do that only.

But that day when the letter was received and we discussed the matter, I understand I need to fulfill this dream, not for me but for you...because a person like you who is ready to bear so much pain just to see his partner successful deserve the world. After that whenever I feel dread, the only thought of your proud face reflects in front of my eyes.....fueling my guts to achieve the milestone as soon as possible...so that I can come back to you sooner.

Your lit up eyes, your proud smile, your warm words.......me being your pride is the only force that driven me till today to endure this separation but I can not do more.....I want all these but more than that I want you by my side...I want to experience happy or sad, content or dread, pleasure or distress, bliss or misery......I am ok with anything and everything only if you are there.

I am sorry if I have hurt you by taking such a big decision without your consent but I was just looking for a perfect time, perfect place, perfect moment, perfect speech.....I wanted my proposal to be perfect. I wanted the best for you.....for us....I don't wanted to make you disappoint because of my decision to quit such a well established career.

I was dying maybe I would eventually dishearten you but when a while ago, you reminiscence our old times, our root, our fundamentals, our dreams, our promises and your tears.......Wangji, you mean the world to me. I hate seeing you like this.