Chapter 2

Snow White: Oh, it's adorable! Just like a doll's house.

Everyone goes over to the house after Snow White, who pauses on the bridge to take in the scenery. A second later, she gets to the front door.

Snow White: I like it here.

Snow White goes over to the window, which is very dirty. She wipes away some of the dirt and dust to look inside, but can hardly see a fact. One of the raccoons also wipes away some dirt, but cannot see much of anything inside either.

Snow White: Ooh, it's dark inside.

Snow White knocks on the door of the cottage, but there is no response. She knocks again, but yet nothing.

Snow White: Guess there's no one home.

She hears the sound of the door creaking.

Snow White:Hello? May I come in?

Snow White slowly enters with the others following close behind.The animals very carefully walk in through the door. They are unsure what to make of it, as apart from the sunlight streaming through the open door and window, the room is dimly lit. A wooden staircase, seemingly made of logs sawed in half, leads upstairs. Downstairs, there are barrels, mugs, pots and mining supplies, such as picks and shovels, among other things strewn about the room. Suddenly, Snow White gives a shout

Snow White: Oh!

Her shout surprises everyone, and causes the animals to run out the door. Snow then sits on a chair about half her size

Snow White:What a cute little chair.

As the other animals, some of which scrambled into various corners of the room, peer from their hiding places. A large table, with seven more chairs that were bigger, is littered with dirty dishes and pots, as well as a pick impaled in it.

Snow White: Why, there's eight chairs. Must be eight children. And from the look of this table, eight untidy children.

Snow White walks over to one side of the table toward the pick, where the bluebird family is roosted.

Snow White: A pick-axe! A stocking, as well! And a shoe!

The bluebirds wolf-whistle, both at the messy table. Later, Snow White goes over to a fireplace with an enormous soup pot in it, both of which are brimming with dust and cobwebs.

Snow White: And just look at that fireplace. It's covered with dust.

Snow White takes a deep breath and blows on the mantel, kicking up a cloud of dust. Two of the squirrels and one of the chipmunks sneeze at this, the third one's sending it into a German beer mug.

Snow White: And look, cobwebs everywhere.

As Snow White says this, a squirrel gets one stuck all over him.

Snow White: My, my, my! What a pile of dirty dishes. And just look at that broom.

Pan to a broom lying in the corner, looking as though it hasn't been used in a VERY long time. The quail family clicks their tongues disgustedly at this.

Snow White: Why, they've never swept this room. You'd think their mother would...... what if they don't have a mother.

Mrs. Deer and her baby shake their heads "no."

Snow White: Then they're orphans. That's too bad!

Junior nuzzles its mother, who licks it affectionately.

Snow White: I know. We'll clean the house and surprise them. Then perhaps they'll let me stay.

Snow White takes off her cape, and two of the birds hang it up.