Napailing na lang si Alejandro. "And here I thought you forgot about the city and wanted to enjoy the countryside. Hanggang ngayon, buhay sa syudad pa rin ang iniisip mo."

"A city girl can't be changed overnight, Alejandro. At least, i agreed to be here with you for the next two weeks."

"At least, Winnie's staying."

Nagpanting ang tainga niya sa narinig. Here she was spending time with him pero pagkasakay niya sa kotse nito ay si Winnie ang pinaguusapan nila.

"Stop the car," she whispered.

"What?" Gulat na tanong ni Alejandro.

"I said stop the car!" she screamed as Alejandro went on a sudden halt. Dali-dali siyang bumaba ng sasakyan.

Naglakad siya on gravel road pabalik ng villa nila.

"What the heck is this?" sigaw ni Alejandro from behind her, obviously following her trail. "Get back in the car, Clara. It's still dark here."

Hindi pa nagbubukang liwayway pero alam naman niya ang direksyon pabalik ng bahay. So she chose not to listen.

"Clara!" Alejandro called out to her again, now obviously getting nearer.

Lalo niyang binilisan ang paglalakad ng bigla na lang siyang natapilok sa isang ugat ng puno na na nakaharang sa daan. Napaupo siya sa lupa at sapo-sapo ang kanang paa. "Damn," she exclaimed in pain.

And in no time, Alejandro was right beside her. "See? This is what you get for being so hard headed, Clara." Walang anu-anong binuhat siya nito at dinala pabalik sa sasakyan.

"You don't have to carry me back! I wanna go home now."

"What? Didn't we agree to go to the beach?" He deposited her back on the passenger seat at hinarangan siya para hindi na siya makababa pa. His body was pressed near her habang nakabukas pa ang pinto ng sasakyan.

"I don't wanna go with someone who asks about Winnie all the time."

His head tilted in confusion.

"You were talking about Winnie since I went in your car. And I thought we were gonna spend time together!" walang anu-anong angil niya.

Alejandro suddenly smiled. In the dim light of that dawn, as the sun was starting to peek, she saw Alejandro smile that boyish smile she used to see before. "Sweetheart, I never thought you'd ask."

"I... I was just..."

He quickly touched her ankle and she squealed in pain. "I'll get you some ice. Mabuti na lang at nagdala ako for our drinks. I never knew you'd be using it for something else." Binuksan nito ang likod ng sasakyan at may kinuha doon. Pagbalik nito ay may dala na itong yelo na nakabalot sa panyo nito. "Hold still and put this on your ankle. The pain will subside in no time. Pasalamat ka maliit na ugat lang iyon. It could have been worse. Next time, just tell me exactly what you want to hear para hindi na ako nanghuhula pa, Clara."

"Whatever," she muttered at kinuha rito ang yelo para ilagay sa ankle niya.

"I don't like Winnie. I only feel bad for her so I want to be friends with her while she's here...," pagdadahilan nito. "And I don't trust that Tyler guy, even for just a tiny bit."

She can't help but admire his protectiveness. Pero naiinis rin siya na si Winnie ang pinagbabalingan ng atensyong iyon ni Alejandro.

"Now, does it feel better?" tanong ng binata ngayon, referring to her swollen ankle.

Dahan-dahan siyang tumango. "If you don't like Winnie, then why are you so protective of her? She's not even your relative."

"I'm just being a gentleman, Clara."

She rolled her eyes at him.

"I like somebody else," biglaang pag-amin nito. "Someone who's clearly out of reach."

And her heart started beating wildly now. Bigla siyang natakot. Alejandro likes somebody else? It stung her heart. Who could the woman be? And she thought wala itong kapasidad na magmahal. Didn't he just propose to her out of the blue last year? Who did the guy meet the last few months?

"Never mind. It doesn't matter really. She doesn't stay here."

She breathed deeply and brushed off the pain slowly creeping in her chest. "Why not just tell her what you feel?"

"It's complicated, sweetheart. Now, don't you dare get off my car again. Baka hindi na kita ibalik sa hacienda ninyo kapag tumakas ka pa ulit sakin," he whispered to her and closed the passenger door gently.

Sumakay na muli ito sa driver's seat at pinatakbo ang sasakyan. But Clara's thoughts remained on the woman Alejandro likes. Who could it be?

*****

A/N: Crush ko talaga mga guys who are very manly and dominant. Kayo rin ba? Hehehehe.

Comment down below if you want more updates! Yes, i am back and I hope I am back FOR GOOD! Hahaha.