"What are you going on about?" Adi chuckled, attempting to wave him off. "It's not like that. He's not into me."

"That's bullshit." Cole responded quickly with a headshake. "Luke is utterly in love with you. You can ask anyone on this boat."

Adi brought her knees to her chest, licking her lips as tasted the sweet strawberry. "Nah-uh. I heard he's talking to a whole bunch of girls. He doesn't talk about that stuff with me."

"Why do you think he doesn't?" Cole raised a brow. "Because he wants you! He'd drop any girl for you in a heartbeat."

"How do you know this?" Adi asked curiously.

Cole had his arms stretched out over the leather seats of the boat. "I'm a guy, Adi. I know how this stuff works, okay? And, he talks about it all the time. Just give him a shot."

Cole stood, tapping her leg gently before sliding past Luke as the taller boy began to walk back to Adi.

"Hi." Luke greeted flatly, seeming annoyed.

"Hi." Adi giggled, completely burning from the sun. "Fuck, It's so hot."

Luke turned his head, dragging his eyes down her body as he gulped, face turning red.

Adi brought her sunglasses up, bringing her hand to smoothe over his bare back as he glanced at her once more.

"Are you into Cole?" Luke blurted, swaying slightly.

"What?" Adi froze, in complete and utter shock. "No, absolutely not. Cole is a total brother to me. He's also three years older than me."

Luke shifted. "Okay. You know, if you're into someone you can tell me."

"Since when do we talk about stuff like that." Adi furrowed her brows, tilting her head back as she finished off the can.

"We're best friends, right?" Luke watched her like a hawk.

Adi nodded, tossing the can in the small garbage. "Of course we are, Lukey."

"Yeah." Luke nodded, seemingly disappointed.

Adi frowned, grabbing his chin, making him look at her. "Lukey, what's going on with you? You can talk to me."

"Probably just hockey." Luke chuckled, tapping her wrist as she dropped her hand.

"I'm going for a swim." Adi huffed, growing annoyed at her best friend as she was quick to unzip her shorts, shrugging them off her hips.

Luke couldn't tear his eyes from her in that moment. God, she was so perfect. He watched her jump off the back of the boat, her body becoming afloat. "Hey, Quinn, how deep is this water?"

"Only a few feet." Quinn replied from the wheel.

When Luke turned back around, his face suddenly turned pale slightly as he watched her struggle to keep herself up, her face sinking back under the water as the guys nearby didn't seem to notice.

He threw off his hat, diving into the warm lake water to pull her up, his arms wrapping tightly around her waist as she placed her hands on his chest, laughing.

"Fuck." She wiped her face, coughing slightly. "I didn't realize how hard it was to swim while you're drunk. I think I died."

"You didn't." Luke blinked, standing on his feet. "You can barely swim when you're sober, Ads."

Adi crossed her arms over her chest, Luke's eyes trailing down momentarily.

"My eyes are up here, Lukey." Adi teased, watching his face flush pink. "I'm messing with you." She leaned closer, their faces inches apart.

Luke cracked a smile, his hands still holding her hips. "Adi Blue..."

"Yo!" Jack called out to them, whistling. "We're heading back in. We're starving."

"Thank God." Adi hummed, holding her head as she felt it ache. "I feel seasick. Wait, what were you gonna say?"

Luke shook his head, helping her onto the boat before climbing in himself. "Don't worry, it doesn't matter."

he's so