7

⚠️Semi gore?⚠️

We were sitting down behind some bush. I'm not sure how long we've been here, I think an hour or two. Me and Jack had made it to the trail, and decided to hid till someone walked by. Which, was longer than we thought.

I was sitting there scratching at some of the paint on my pants. "Still don't hear anyone.?" I asked him, not looking up from what I was doing.

"No." He answered.

I heard him sit down, looking over to see him sitting next to me. "This would be quicker if we went in town.." He said.

"Well it's mid day. That's too risky." I said, doing back to picking at the paint.

I gave a growl. I'm guessing out of annoyance or something. I mean, I get why. I'm not the happiest person when I'm hungry and can't eat.

I looked back up at him, thinking of some way to help him..

"Jack?"

"Mm?" He hummed, looking at me.

"Why do you have to eat um-. People.?" I asked.

I got a tired sigh from him, as he slumped down a little. "Why do you want to know?"

"Oh- Um-" I started messing with the strings on my jacket. "I'm just curious about something-"

He didn't answer me a for a second. Most likely thinking of how he wanted to answer me.

"I don't really now why I have too. All I know is I get sick whenever I try to eat normal food." He said, tilling his head to me.

I hummed, still messing with the strings of my hoodie. Not sure what else to say. To be honest, I was kind of tired.

This sitting around and doing nothing, along with the fake I've barely gotten any sleep the past two days is starting to catch up to me.

I yawned, moving to lay down on the ground. Which, made Jack look down at me.

"What are you doing.?" He asked.

"Taking a nap. Wake me up whenever you get your food." I said, flipping over onto my side. Drifting off to sleep.

-Hours later-

I woke up to someone lightly shaking me. Getting a groan from me. "Leave me aloooone." I said, trying to push away whoever it was.

I heard an annoyed growl, getting me to open my eyes. Now looking at Jack, how had his hand on my shoulder.

I sighed, slowly sitting up. "What?" I asked, completely forgetting were I was.

"I got what I wanted." He said, pointing over to a headless woman.

I stared at the body, kind of grossed out. There were places where it looked like an animal had ripped parts of her flesh off.

I glanced back at Jack, seeing the remnants of blood on his face. Getting me to put the two together.

"Um- uh- Let's head back then." I said, getting up from where I was sitting.

I watched as Jack picked up the body, holding it under one of his arms.. Damn he's strong- I mean. I work out, I kind of have too to use my weapons. (Which is a pair of axes). But still, I can't pick up a body like that.

I looked at me. "Are you ready?" He asked, getting me to come back to reality.

"Oh yeah- Sorry."