Without even realizing, the five of you had gotten into a full fledged brawl. It was pure and utter chaos.

Even Hoshi had ended up within the feud.

"L-Leave it to me... dammit!", Haganezuka bellowed, his grip as strong as ever on the sword. Even with the four of you combined, you all couldn't overpower him.

It was absolutely absurd. How the hell did he get so jacked?

"No! This is Kotetsu's!", Tanjirou fired back.

"No—?! This is Tanjirou's!!", Kotetsu snapped, still latching onto Haganezuka's leg.

"Who gives a fuck whose sword it is?! Just take the damn sword away!", Eli snapped.

"God, just explain yourself, you moron!! Why the hell do you want the sword so badly?!", You yelled, desperately trying to unhand Haganezuka.

Then, just when you all began to finally overpower the built swordsmith, he swung the sheathe aggressively, leaving everyone no choice but to dodge, "I SAID TO LEAVE IT TO ME!"

Well, everybody except you. Of course, you hadn't reacted in time. Just your luck, right?

The sheathe made direct contact with your eye, causing you to stumble backwards. Without even realizing, you spewed a whole dictionary's worth of curse words.

You clutched your affected eye with your hand, the eyelid itself twitching and tearing up from the impact.

"Fuck, fuck fuck fuck! What the fuck! What the— shit!!"

Tanjirou hurried to your side, his full attention brought off the sword and redirected to your ailment. His calloused hand cupped your cheek, the other grasping your wrist. "(Y/N)! Oh, god!" His expression contorted into one of concern, his burgundy gaze full of complete worry.

Eli soon joined Tanjirou's side, his brows raised, "How the hell did you not dodge that? It was easy—"

"One more word and I'll deck you myself, Eli!", You snapped, your tone strained with pain.

Tanjirou gently placed his hand atop of yours, reluctantly peeling it back to assess the damage, "Here.. let me see. I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as it must feel— eugh!"

Tanjirou winced, his lips curling as he cringed.

Eli's eyes widened in surprise, before he slapped a hand over his mouth to stifle his giggles.

"It's... it's not that bad, right?", You sniffed, looking between your two companions, before looking down at Hoshi—who even hid behind Tanjirou's leg.

Upon processing their expressions and reactions, you widened your eyes—well, eye. The other one was too swollen for you to see through. "Oh my god. It's bad, isn't it? Isn't it?!"

Tanjirou gulped, his eyes squinting as he fought to tell a believable lie. Unluckily for him, it was obvious to tell. "It's— well.. you.. you know.. not that bad.. It could be worse!"

"This is the worst. Pfft— bwahaha! Sorry, sorry. It's not funny, I swear— it's just.. you with a blackened eye..!!", Eli bluntly said, turning away to hide his laughter.