"This," he stressed, "deal with all of this. You don't have to, you know? I can go. Or anyone can go."

"Kenji, it's alright," I sighed when I realized what he was talking about, "we broke up ages ago, I'm good. Plus, I really don't think she'd cooperate easily with you guys if I wasn't there."

We decided that it's best if none of them went with me today except for the guards who'll be watching the house, but Aaron and Naz insisted that Aurora goes with me for some reason. But me not going wasn't an option, I knew Eve. Even when were dating, she never really talked much to any of them. Maybe just joked around with the kids, but mostly she was only talking to me whenever we hung out around my family.

"I'm just making sure you're not going to get yourself in something that you clearly can't handle again," he crossed his arms, pinning me with a look, "I know you. Even if your intention is not to do anything, your feelings will get in the way."

"My feelings can go to hell right now," I said before I could think clearly about what's coming out of my mouth, Kenji's eyebrows shooting up, "what? Do you really think this is what I'm focusing on? I know we don't have time for this nonsense. Kai and Emma were in danger, that's what I'm focusing about."

Plus, I sort of have a fake girlfriend right now. There is no room for Evelyn to try anything. At first I thought Aurora was nuts for doing this out of nowhere, but she really did help. I wasn't sure what she was going to act like today, but I think I wouldn't stop her from continuing in that role for the sake of my peace of mind.

"Trust me, I'm good," I smiled when he gave me an unconvinced look, "now, you're making us late, so goodbye. Say good morning for me to Kai when he wakes up."

"I'm not talking to that traitor," he shook his head, "I don't even think he's my son anymore."

"You've been saying that ever since he was born when he does something that is not to your liking," I rolled my eyes, "you better stop or he'll think he's adopted for real."

"Whatever," Kenji waved a hand, "anyway, take care. Try to come back before everyone gets here. Your brothers are going to escape them by throwing me under the bus, I need you here, buddy."

"Hell no, they still treat me like I'm ten, I can't deal with them," I fired back, "I'll use the same technique as my brothers, just so you know."

"I hate this family," Kenji groaned, "each one of you are pain to my existence. Except for Emma and Zade, I like them."

"Alright. I'm leaving now," I patted his shoulder and turned to leave, saying as I walk away, "have fun!"

I walked outside, seeing two guards waiting for me, nodding before one of them opened the door for me, causing me to sigh. I wasn't going to get used to this anytime soon. I remember it being like this years ago when J first took over, but as the years passed, we lived normally like everybody.

"Hey," one of the guards whispered as we walked outside, "I'm extremely sorry but... can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, of course," I smiled to ease his mind state.

"Are you sure that Miss Aurora is okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... haven't you noticed she can be, well... weird? I don't mean it as an offense, I'm just concerned—"

"Wait, waif, what?" I let out a laugh in confusion.

𝓢𝓮𝓮 𝓜𝓮On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara