Chapter 5: Battle for Trost

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Conny: "Armin! Wait!" Conny tried to reach out to Armin but had no success. Being pressured by the other three cadets, Y/n had to keep the squad moving.

Y/n: "Leave him, Conny! We've gotta get up to the middle guard." Hesitantly, Conny followed after Y/n and the rest of the squad. The squadron moved silently through Trost. Blood could be seen scattered across rooftops and the streets below. Y/n realised that the middle guard hadn't heard a word from the upper command since they were given their orders. Suspecting something was off, Y/n halted the squad just before they entered the middle guard's assigned area.

Christa: "Is everything alright Y/n?"

Y/n: "No...I don't like how silent the upper command has been. Change of plans! I, Christa and Ymir will head to HQ to get supplies and orders for the middle guard! The four of you will continue with your mission and head to the middle guard! After we have received the supplies and orders, we'll reunite with the middle guard! If we fail to show up, then I'm sure you're capable enough to handle it yourselves! Dismissed!" Conny looked at Y/n thinking about what to say. However, over the past three years, many of the cadets have grown to trust Y/n.

Conny & three cadets: "Yes sir!" Hearing their orders, the squadron split in two. Leading Ymir and Christa, the smaller squadron sparked a conversation.

Ymir: "You sure that was the right choice? You're probably sending them to their deaths."

Y/n: "They've spent the last three years training. They have what they need to survive. If they die, then that is the responsibility of themselves."

Christa: "Hey! The two of you are just as bad as each other!" Ymir laughed at Christa's reaction.

Ymir: "That's my Christa! Always trying to motivate us!" As the squad moved closer to the Trost HQ, a large group of Garrison Soldiers could be seen exiting through the rear of the building.

Christa: "What's going on? Are they retreating?" A patrolling garrison soldier saw the squad and quickly made his way over.

Garrison Soldier: "Cadets! All available forces have been ordered to retreat!"

Christa: "But what about the middle guard?"

Garrison Soldier: "We've sent someone to give them the order! We'll regroup in Wall Rose!" Ymir and Christa looked at Y/n for further orders.

Y/n: "Yes sir...we'll make our way over to Wall Rose..." Y/n landed on one of the roofs with Ymir and Christa. The Garrison Soldier quickly moved away to rejoin with the main squad.

Ymir: "What's on your mind? You're not going to ignore orders are you?" Y/n looked back at the middle guard. Reiner, Annie, and Bertholdt had remained stationary for some time. However, Eren's Path was nowhere near the area where Armin was found.

Y/n: "Do you think Eren is dead?"

Ymir: "Considering we found Armin alone, he's probably dead."

Y/n: "Hmm...I see." Y/n gripped his ODM triggers tightly. The realisation that at some point during his sensory overload, the Paths must've opened for Eren's transformation.

Christa: "Is everything alright?"

Y/n: "Yeah...come on. We have to scale the wall. Let's not keep upper command waiting." With that, the squad made their way back to safety...

Sometime Later: Wall Rose

Y/n sat down on one of the areas assigned to each squad. He was writing in his diary the events that had happened so far. Curious, Ymir looked at what Y/n was writing but was surprised when she could not read it.