Chapter Thirty Two- Worries

Start from the beginning

"And I told you to call me Noel. There's too many Graysons."

"You're so crude." He grumbles, tearing the plastic off the top while sitting next to me. He places his walkie talkie and Ipad in front of him, letting me peek at all of the security footage he gets to look at.

I shrug as we start making our small pizzas, glaring at the plastic when I end up wasting all of my sauce and cheese so there's nothing to put on the last one.

I pout and think for a moment before coming up with a brilliant idea. I smack the naked bread onto one of my pizzas and take a bite out of my amazing creation. Pizza sandwich.

I shake the silly thoughts out of my head and turn to him after swallowing my bite. "You stand outside his penthouse from 7am to 12pm almost every day. It's not like you can't hear me. Besides, you're engaged to a bouncer at a bdsm club. You really expect me to think you're all that innocent?"

"My personal life has nothing to do with you, Noel." He scolds. He's only 24, so he's not that much older than me but still I think he sees me as a kid that he wants to protect.

"Oh, you love me." I answer dismissively.

We sit together and finish our food, chatting about random things like what he's planning for the wedding and how I feel about never being at the club. After we got over the initial hatred, we've moved into a nice love/hate area.

Around people we pretend that we never talk or hang out, but when it's just us, it's different. I don't feel weird talking to him. He's a good friend to me actually. James is too. I can see why they're together.

After we finish and throw everything in the trash, I take Dax's bottle of alcohol to put it back in his cabinet. I only had a few sips, so he shouldn't be too mad when he gets back.

When I stand next to Fabian again, I peek over his shoulder at the footage, to see two familiar faces entering the first floor elevator.

"What the hell are they doing here?" I ask.

I never would've imagined that Elian would show his face here again after I hit him. I certainly didn't expect him to show up with Dax's father. Of course the two people causing the most problems would be working together.

"I'm not sure. Mr. Whitlock always asks people not to show up uninvited, but-"

I grab his arm and pull him to the side. There's a little hallway with a door that says 'employees only' that nobody ever looks down. Surely they won't see us there.

"I want to find out what they're doing so just hush." I tell him just as the bell dings. The elevator opens and eventually the two step out.

"I thought he had a guard or something." His dad mentions, and Elian just shrugs.

"He does. He must be on a break or took a day off. I doubt Dax is here without someone watching the security."

"Right well there goes the plan. I don't know how he's supposed to see you if he's not even here. I still can't believe you. I gave you one simple task, and you couldn't even do that right."

"It's not like I didn't try! I told him everything he could've wanted to hear, and it did nothing. And that stupid bitch hit me. I can't get to Dax with him in the way, Mr. Whitlock." Elian complains, huffing softly.

"Try harder. Strip naked and shake your little ass at him, or just fucking tell him the truth for all I care. I need myself back in his good graces, and I can't do that with his little tramp turning him against me." He groans in frustration before turning to Elian to roughly grab one of his arms.