Royalty & Marriage (2.)

Start from the beginning

"I don't understand." He said, his face slightly red from embarrassment.

"You should have already learned a language, I learned Chinese at seven." You said as you winked at the boy, flexing your obvious superiority.

"He says that he'll be here to test your skills tomorrow."  You frowned as you threw the letter in the fireplace without a second thought.

"What about the other letter?" The boy asked as you opened yours.

"He says that I shouldn't intervene." You told the boy before throwing the second letter in the fireplace.

"Why does father want to spare? I haven't learned how to fence yet." The boy asked as you placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You two will do no such thing, and you'll start fencing once you have pleased me academically. You have yet to learn another language, physical activity is the last thing you should be worried about." You said, he huffed.

~

It was late at night and you were lying in bed, thinking about the letters. You agreed to let him do as he pleased with the child but something was telling you not to. Yuri didn't ask to be born, let alone used as a sparring dummy to his superhuman father.

You sighed as you watched a sleeping Yuri, the boy was sprawled out against the bedroom bench. He snuck into your bedroom thinking you were sleeping, he was the only sleeping. 

"He'll be more likely to spare me rather than you, I won't let anything happen, dearest Yuri." You said as you picked the boy up and placed him on the bed. 

You haven't had anyone accompany you in your bed since Yujiro. The night you spent with Yujiro was special, something that you had never felt before.

"Thinking about Yujiro too much may cause wrinkles, I should sleep." You told yourself as you turned off the lamp.

~

Tomorrow had finally come, everyone was on their toes. Many of the townsfolk were excited as they had the chance to watch Yujiro Hanma in action. You on the other hand were very anxious, you couldn't imagine an eight year old being watched by everyone in his country as he had to fight a beast. 

You were sitting down in the booth which gave the best view in the arena. Maxim sat behind you as he watched you pet the cat, who was growing irritated from the harsh pets. 

"Your majesty, I can always call off the event if that is what you want." Maxim said, he would have preferred if Yujiro Hanma would have never come to this island, he has caused nothing but distress for the Empress.

"Do not call off anything, I have something better, I think it's time I finally humble Yujiro Hanma." You said to Maxim who was confused as you laughed.

The people of the country finally began flooding in, you watched the crowd. They all looked excited, but they weren't aware of the opponent. The smiles disappeared as they saw a red haired child come out, he looked at the crowd as he wielded a weapon.

Soon, everyone gasped as Yujiro Hanma came out from the shadows, a small smirk on his face. His eyes landed on a confused Yuri who wielded an axe that was perfect for a child his age. He then looked up at you with a small frown.

Yuri was tall but he didn't have much muscle, he didn't need it. He was an eight year old prince, but no muscles didn't mean he didn't know how to use the axe that he had in his hand. The boy was already disappointing Yujiro.