Royalty & Marriage

Start from the beginning

"Don't make me execute you, no need to be a jokester. Bearing children isn't a topic I find appealing." You said as you continued to enjoy the plate of sweets. 

"I wasn't making a joke little lady, I'm serious. You will have my children." He said, his tone non-nonchalant. 

You stayed quiet, your face was straight yet you were incredibly irritated.

"Listen, since last year, you've been receiving attacks from that little gang from Russia. I can help you, your women are worried about both protecting the land and their children, they can't do both. I'll fend them off if you bear at least one boy." He said.

You couldn't help but consider it. As an empress, your first duty was to protect your land. For a while now, a group of rouges coming from Russia have been attacking the land. Three women and seven children have gone missing. It sounded like a fine deal, you didn't want to have kids, but one would not do much harm. 

"Only if I get to make adjustments." You said and he nodded.

"First, I want to be assured that you can protect the land and find these souls that have been taken. Second, I will only bear one child and nothing more, female or male. Finally, you will have to aid me during this pregnancy." 

"I will have them back by midnight and everything else will also be assured." Yujiro said to you, you outstretched your gloved and hand, the two of you shook hands.

"Maxim!" You yelled, Maxim was far and heard your call. 

"Yes Empress?" 

"Show this gentleman to his room and bring my sobaki" You ordered and Maxim bowed before leaving.

"I truly hope this arrangement can work out Mr. Hanma, otherwise I may have to resort to something truly violent." You told Yujiro who smiled.

"And what would that be?" He asked.

"Beheading you, I enjoy killing traitors. Now, shoo." You told him and he walked off, a grin on his face.

~

Next year ~

~

"I don't see the issue here, simply marry her." You told your nephew and he smiled.

"She seems to be eager to marry another, that man is sadly not me." You sighed listening to your nephew talk. You had a nephew as you had a brother. Marco came from Italy and was telling you about how he was rejected by a lady who he favored. 

"Look, I've met men in my life and one thing is for certain, I always fought for them. She claims to love him but they have yet to marry, she is unsure of what she wants. Soon, she will marry him but still come to you. Either break it off completely or pursue her, to prevent heartbreak that is." You told your nephew.

"Empress Catherine?" You heard Maxim call out.

"Mr. Hanma is here to see the baby." 

"Send him to his bedroom, make sure to tell him his name." You said before going back to talking.

Your birth wasn't easy, you spent 11 hours in labor. After excruciating pain, you gave birth to a baby boy. Yujiro did aid you during the pregnancy, but he was rarely around for the child. You had the baby two months ago and you only recently came up with a name.

"No ma'am, he's requested you come along as well."

"Fine then. Dearest, feel free to explore the palace." You told your nephew, his nodded before taking his leave.

You walked up the stairs that led to the third floor of the palace, where you and your child resided. With a long sigh, you walked into the grand bedroom, you saw a tall figure holding your son.

"You've produced a healthy boy, what have you named him?" Yujiro asked as he placed the baby back into the crib.

"Alerie, after my great-grandfather." You replied.

"If all turns out well, he shall be the perfect heir, a real fighter." Yujiro said as he walked closer towards you.

You weren't pleased about the whole thing, using a child to help secure your land sounds wrong, but then again it doesn't. The baby was nothing more than a deal, but something was pulling you towards the boy. 

Your parents didn't give you attention, servants were expected to raise you but your parents did only one thing for you, shape you into a ruler. 

"I'm glad to see you." He said as he kissed you on the lips. His soft kisses trailed down to your neck as he began to slip off your robe.

"I am not glad to see you. I'd expect you to be here earlier, I had the boy months ago." You said as you pushed him off.

"Don't be so sulky. I'll spend two more days here, you'll have me all to yourself." Yujiro said as he gave you a light kiss on the cheek.

"Two days of hell..." You mumbled. 

~

.

.

.

Finished!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I had a seizure this morning so there is a delay in the release. 

PEACE!

~Q~