“oi-”

ishan sprays some cream into virat’s mouth to shut him up. the older one blinks in confusion, trying to swallow it.

everyone starts cackling. jadeja takes out his phone to sneak a quick shot.

virat scowls at rohit who’s laughing way too much for his liking. he grabs the spray back from ishan, and pumps some cream onto the other’s forehead.

“behenchod, come here-”

virat snickers as rohit gets him in a headlock, trying to smother him in cream too. chaos ensues once siraj gets hold of the spray. he smiles menacingly at shreyas who warns him to step back, hardik uses bumrah as his shield and kuldeep quietly starts backing away from the group along with shami.

normally, ishan would be the epicenter of such chaos. he’d be the first one to run around spraying cream on everyone’s faces, but he’s getting rather annoyed right now. he’s not going to let fucking whipped cream crash his coming out.

he turns around to look at shubman, who shoots him a wry smile. “maybe we shouldn’t,” he mouths.

ishan clenches his fists, determined to prove shubman wrong. he inhales sharply, and starts striding towards his boyfriend.

it happens too quick for shubman to react before he feels ishan roughly pulling him in for a kiss. his eyes widen on the realization and he tries to push ishan away but the latter only holds him firmer, not letting go of him.

rahul blinks, too stunned to express anything. surya slaps his own forehead, screaming inwardly.

dead silence fills the room for half a minute, not a muscle moving. virat is the first one to let out a loud gasp, a few more following. the others try to make sure that they really saw what they saw.

siraj speaks first, with a weak chuckle. “yo, my dudes. we know you’re close and all-”

ishan turns his head around to give them a deadass look. keeping his stare locked, he laces his fingers with shubman’s.

rohit’s tries to frame his words. “is this…a prank?”

“um, guys,” shreyas says. “i don’t think it is.”

“what the fuck-”

“what just happened-”

“i can’t process this-”

rahul finally gets his composure back, his shoulders relaxing. he turns to his teammates. “everyone shut up and listen to what ishan has to say.”

his firm voice quiets everyone down. they gather around ishan and shubman with bewildered looks, waiting for one of them to explain.

“we’re dating,” ishan says boldly.

virat gasps again, a louder one. shubman feels like he should say something too, after seeing his boyfriend trying to stand up for them. “um...we are gay, just to clarify.”

virat lets out another gasp, drawing it out but rohit says “that’s enough, cheeku,” trying to wrap his head around what his juniors just said.

hardik comes out of the shock, saying. “i’m not surprised that you're dating. but you’re gay? really? damn.”

“bhaiya,” shubman whines. hardik stands closer to him, patting him fondly.

“sorry. i’m proud of you.”

that seems to pull everyone out of the daze and they start talking finally. bumrah hugs ishan much to the latter’s surprise.

“hey, it’s okay. relax,” he whispers against ishan’s ear.