Chapter 2

Surprisingly, everything went almost too smoothly for the next few years, for the written… and now mostly overthrown plot of PIDW. Airplane Shooting Towards The Sky didn’t even recognize his own piece of work anymore. But as long as his son Luo Binghe and… therefore Cucumber-bro was happy (at least he hoped for it, he never really got along so well with him) everything was fine. Shen Qingqiu was alive and well and he was also still alive and well. He saved Mobei-Jun as he had fallen. So his fear of getting killed was away for a while. His service to his king was undeterred, and he functioned normally. The problem now and then was to get the potion and the qi from his shidi. Some days it was harder, some days it was easier. And he experienced going a few days without it, as busy as he was. So he learned how to live with the condition as best as possible. Mu Qingfang was his person to get to, if his heritage acted up, and he spared it no further thought. Because everything seemed fine. Only in the back of his head it was a constant lingering thought that was ever present. Shang Qinghua had to spare this more time, at some point….

But sadly, all the business he had in the human and the demon world held him up, to actually find out which demon got his PIDW mother pregnant and how to find a proper solution for his ‘condition’. Or a more potent one. Also, to do something about his status as a punching bag was rather difficult. He still feared he fucked up some way and Mobei-Jun would be there to kill him. Although Shen Qingqiu was in love with his son and they lived happily ever after… his own life got on, so he had hoped he would get more time for himself after the main story was over. Yet, now that everything seemed settled. Luo Binghe was the demon king and ruled. The worlds weren’t merging anymore… and still he now found himself, again, at a critical scene. Where was the time to actually look into this condition of his? Shit . Just because Luo Binghe had an obsession with his shizun, he was nowhere to be seen… Shang Qinghua was here - alone waiting behind an ice cold pillar to help his king get his ancestral magic and prevent Linguan-Jun from killing Mobei-Jun. After he graciously refused to wait with Mobei-Jun, to leave him forever and was rightfully thrown away by a push of powerful qi, he still feared he would die, sooner than later. And so he stayed. A peaceful state of mind was not in his cards, it seemed. Mobei-Jun alone had no chance in this situation… and what should he do about it? Shang Qinghua, despite his status as Peak Lord, was the impersonation of weakness! Even more now with this troublesome heritage. A weak scum villain to help his king. What a joke! This beautiful man he created. He didn’t want to see him dead… he saved him two times already. GREAT. System… are you still there?

[Do you wish to get back to your own world?] Shang Qinghua dismissed the options that were before his eyes. No, I wish to know how many days until Mobei-Jun’s uncle tries to murder him.
[It's seven days from now.] This you didn’t change? WTF. I hate you, system.

Shang Qinghua settled against the pillar and tried to calm himself. If he wanted to wait, he had to contain his condition, so he could help… somehow, and not be too weak with his demonic heritage emerging. Seven days. It would be hard, but he had no other option. He couldn’t leave to get to Mu Qingfang. At least he had one potion on him. That would help a little. He had to use it wisely. So he waited, controlled his qi, and tried to form a plan to actually achieve an effect in helping his king. Now and then he glanced at Mobei-Jun, who was patiently waiting, looking incredible at doing so. His long hair and regal features. His aura, his power and his clavicle showing and the muscular chest he could make out, vanishing behind his clothes. Just like his perfect man. It would be a shame to see him die. Shang Qinghua had to do his absolute best, even if it would cause his own death. He still, after all these years, wasn’t able to live with the thought of letting Mobei-Jun die.

His demon heritage didn’t act up as much as he feared it would. Maybe it was because he concentrated on his own qi, barely used it, only to not starve and freeze to death, and he took sips of the potion now and then. The seven days slowly crept by until he heard voices from below… exchanging words. His senses heightened. He took the last sip of the potion and he observed the situation. Finally jumping down, after Linguang-Jun had hit his king with demonic energy and was about to strike Mobei-Jun again.