𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 : 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

Start from the beginning

Grover raised his hand. " I do. "

Tara grabbed another treat. " so do I. "

Medusa tilted her head again. " do you? "

A bell tolled as Grover and Tara looked at each other, questioning in sync. " do I?.. "

Medusa grinned as she started speaking about her story. ( THIS PART MAY BE LONGER THEN EXPECTED BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THE STORY. ) " athena was everything to me. I worshipped her, I prayed to her. I made offerings.. she never answered. Not even an omen to suggest she appreciated my love. " she paused, looking at annabeth. " I wasn't like you, sweetheart. I was you. " she stopped smiling. " I would have worshipped her that way for a lifetime.. in silence. But then one day another god came, and he broke that silence. " she looked at percy. " your dad. The sea god told me that he loved me. I felt as though he saw me in a way I had never felt seen before. But then athena declared that I had embarrassed her and I needed to be punished. Not him. Me. She decided that I would never be seen again by anyone who would live to tell the tale. "

Annabeth stayed silent, looking confused before speaking up. " that isn't what happened. My mother is just, always. "

Medusa nodded. " the gods want you to believe that, that they are infallible. But they only want what all bullies want. They want us to blame ourselves for their own shortcomings. "

Annabeth growled. " that is not what happened. And you are a liar. "

Medusa paused, sitting back, sniffing the air a little. " somethings burning. " she sighed. " would you give me a hand in the kitchen? I think lunch is ready. "

She stood up, walking off.

Percy looked at the three, hesitant.

Annabeth shook her head as he slowly stood up, heading in the direction Medusa went.

Grover and Tara were smiling at each other, sharing snacks.

Annabeth spoke up. " Grover, Tara... " she looked at them weirdly. " get ready to run. "

Grover looked at Tara, shoving some random treat in his mouth.

Tara did the same, grabbing one of the rainbow swirls. " I'm sorry I'm just kinda hungry.. "

Grover hummed. " me too.. "

WITH PERCY

Percy walked closer to the kitchen, he heard something sizzling.

When he turned the corner, he saw Medusa, standing there coldly.

Percy stopped, looking at the back of her head. " she's not usually like that. " he paused, looking around. " I mean a little but that was a lot. "

Medusa interrupted him. " she's going to betray you. You and Tara. Sooner or later, people like her, they always do. "

Percy looked shocked. " I don't think she's like that. "

Medusa sighed. " then you will be an easy mark for her when the time comes. "