Chapter 3 (Edited)

Two hours, a dozen eggs, a whole bag of flour, and a fire later, Vanessa and Jay stared at the ruins of the kitchen.

"So it turns out, I can't make a mean lasagna," Jay said sadly, shaking his head. "Who would have thought?"

Vanessa glared. "I did! And how did you manage to waste four packets of pasta while making lasagna? That's just not right."

It was Jay's turn to glare. "Says the person who ruined the kitchen by setting it on fire."

"It wasn't my fault!" Vanessa blushed. "I thought there was a small demon in the stove pot, and the oil was sitting right there, soo..." She shrugged.

Jay stared. "How would that have ever gone right?"

"Oh, shut up. And by the way, you're the one who ruined the kitchen by throwing the flour all around the room and on both of us!" she gestured at their ruined clothes.

"I did that to put out the fire!"

"Did you? Cause the fire was only in that area." She pointed towards the stove.

"Yeah, well, maybe the flour wouldn't have stuck if someone hadn't been so clumsy and spilled milk all over us." Jay snapped.

"The cat tripped me and we both know it!" Vanessa said heatedly.

"Church is in Los Angeles with Emma and Julian! They sent us a picture 10 minutes ago!"

They glared at each other for a few seconds, and then burst out laughing.

They finally stopped after a full 5 minutes, when Vanessa choked on some flour and Jay had to thump her on the back a few times.

"Alright, I think I'm good," Vanessa coughed up some more flour. "Alright, now I know I'm good."

Jay shook his head, amused. "What are we going to do about the party though? We just proved that we aren't exactly the best cooks."

Vanessa laughed. "Order some Chinese takeout and say we made it?" she suggested.

"Obviously," Jay chuckled. "And when someone asks us for the recipe cause the food will be so good, we say that it's a secret."

"Uff, but what are we going to do about the kitchen? I don't want to clean this all up" Vanessa groaned, gestured at the mess they had made.

"Make a break for it and blame it on Sebastian?" Jay smirked.

"Yes, please." Vanessa grabbed Jay's hand and they both fled from the kitchen, laughing. (A/N: Get it, B 99ers?)

§§§§§§§§§

"Alright, you can do this," Sebastian took a deep breath. "I believe in you. You're one of the bravest, strongest, and toughest person I know," Sebastian stared deep into the eyes of the person in front of him. He knew how important this was, and he only had one shot, so he had to make this count. "So come on, go out there, and give it your all. And, uh, don't tell anyone, but... you're my favourite person here." Sebastian blushed slightly. He leaned forward.

"Am I interrupting something?" a voice said from behind Sebastian, making him jump. He whirled around to find Rebecca staring at him, arms crossed and eyebrow raised. 

"What? Oh, nothing is going on here," Sebastian said nonchalantly, trying to lean against the wall indifferently. His lace caught in his foot, however, and he stumbled and hit his toe against the ledge of the wall. He hopped around holding his foot, cursing whoever invented laces. He finally calmed down a few minutes later, and settled for standing awkwardly with his hands by his side. "As I was saying," he cleared his throat. "Of course you aren't interrupting something; what would you be interrupting?" Sebastian blushed, scratching the back of his neck with his hand.