Chapter 2

Dahyun's POV

After our shift ended, Chaeyoung closed her coffee shop before we went straight to our residence. We decided to search online for job applications to make things easier.

Also, I've talked to my parents about my sudden decision. Like my best friend, she questioned it and repeatedly asked me if I was sure about it, saying that it's okay for me to live with them still. And of course, I assured my parents that I'm ready to take a step forward in my life, which they supported wholeheartedly.

"Damn, these companies must be cheap as fuck. The salary per month is just the same amount as what I get from working at Chaeyoung's coffee shop." I stated, my brows furrowing as I scroll down on the list of applications on my computer screen.

"I guess as a 'province surrounding Seoul', not a lot of companies improve that much compare to the ones at Seoul." Chaeyoung muttered with her eyes still focused on the screen.

"Unless you don't mind working at Seoul, you'd never find a decent company to work at."

I sighed at what Tzuyu said, completely agreeing with her words.

"I guess I'll just have to take the train off to work if I want to be early." Clicking my tongue, I edited the search bar and changed the location to 'Seoul'.

As soon as the results popped up, my eyes darted at the first company on the list.

"Woah. 5 star ratings from more than 100k people?" That immediately caught my attention. "We need to check this out, guys."

I clicked on the link provided, which directed me towards their official website.

"SM Co., beginning salary starts at 10,000 dollars. Monthly salary... 100,000 dollars?!"

Dang, if the ones we found at Gyeonggi were cheap, this one is too good to be true.

"It sounds so absurd that it looks like a scam." Chaeyoung mumbled, eyeing the company's website suspiciously.

I saw Tzuyu gasped and her face lit up as if a lightbulb suddenly popped up on top of her head. "Chaeng, I would've agreed with you if only I hadn't remembered that my mom once mentioned that a CEO under the same company donated a huge amount of money to invest a business project proposal."

"What? So, you mean... this company's legit?"

"It's hard to believe so but yes. Look down here."

Tzuyu pointed at the screen where there's a brief description written on the side.

I started reading out loud, "'SM Co.'s main building is located at Osaka, Japan; the country where the company originated from. Several branches from other countries, such as London, England and Seoul, South Korea, were built, proving how successful SM Co. is. Due to the misconception of having the highest expectations towards their future employees because of how powerful their family is, the names of the former and current CEOs were ordered to be hidden in this site as many people have been afraid to apply for the company.'"

I couldn't comprehend what I've just read. It was short yet it left an insanely powerful impact in my whole system.

"Well, what do you think, Hyun? Do you want to apply for such company?" I was so lost for words that it it took Chaeyoung's question to snap me out of my trance.

"I-I don't know. This company's a bit... too much, don't you think? They might have high expectations towards job applicants." I answered, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

I'm already here so why am I suddenly backing out?

Something's telling me that applying for this company would be the worse idea I would ever have...