at my worst

i just wanted to say thank you so much for 2k reads. i'm currently working on a few drafted stories that have a bit of writers block, so i hope this is fine for now.
anyways enjoy :)

apart of jakes schedule, he always went to workout on mondays. every day of the week was dedicated to some sort of activity, and they were all formatted the same.

1. wake up by 9 (11 on weekends)
2. get ready and say bye to johnnie, even if he's sleeping
3. grab something to eat
4. do said activity or chill on empty days
5. errands (if necessary)
6. go home and spend time with johnnie
7. get ready and sleep

some days of were more complex than others. jake spent every sunday cleaning and preparing himself for the next week, monday's he went on his workout trips, tuesday's he'd go film a video with johnnie, wednesday's were for relaxing, thursday's he'd stream a food review on twitch, on friday's he'd crash someone's party and on saturday he'd do whatever came to mind.

so basically wednesday and saturday were his free days, and any other day he'd find himself doing practically anything. well today was monday and he woke up to his 9 am alarm with one goal in mind, get out the house by 10.

so he'd got up and decided on an outfit before he decided to invite johnnie to come with him. something he usually doesn't do, but sometimes change is kind of good for jake. lately the gym had been boring with no company and he's been getting frequent headaches from blasting his music way too loud. the company of his best friend could solve these issues in a heartbeat.

he knocked on his door, "johnnie. i know it's early, but i have an offer for you" no reply, "johnnie" jake repeated, "mmmfff" he heard a tired mumble coming from the other side of the door and he laughed at his friends tiredness.

he opened his door and sat down on the edge of his bed. "are you willing to join me at the gym today?"

"you know i don't work out" he looked at him curiously, "i know, i know, but it's been boring there lately and it'd be really nice to have someone to talk to"

johnnie was honestly happy with the offer and decided to ignore how tired he was for one day. "okay, now get out so i can get ready" he tossed a pillow at jake jokingly which he laughed and replied, "okay, okay. mama bear says we need to leave by temnnn!" jake hollered as he wandered away.

johnnie groaned looking at the time. 9:12, he can work with that. so he got up putting on an oversized band tee and kept the skinny jeans he slept in from the previous night on. he teased his hair and applied an unhealthy amount of hairspray. then he did basic black eyeshadow and a bit of eyeliner, he felt risky today.

it made him look like a girl but johnnie felt prettier. he would never admit that tho, if confronted he'd blame it on "some emo's have style people just can't understand!"

and johnnie's been emo for his entire life, who's to tell him he's in the wrong? if anything he's more educated than majority of society.

johnnie tied his boots and walked out his room with his phone in his hand. people always get shocked when johnnie tells them he prefers boots over converse and vans, but he just never understood the hype about the two.

afterwards he realized he had some spare time and decided to paint his nails as well, a fresh coat of black that complimented his hand tattoos.

before he knew it jake was ready and it was 9:51. they headed out and johnnie fought the urge to fall asleep in the car.

jake decided to stay quiet incase johnnie did decide to sleep, he wouldn't mind since the drive was 20 minutes.

when they arrived jake went with his usual routine when working out, and johnnie felt a bit awkward.