𝗶. 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲

Start from the beginning

"I was just... looking at my arm?" Jason rolled his eyes sky high.

"Yeah, no shit, but why?"

"Because...," now, Travis had to come up with something good. He knew that his brother would hold it over his head, so he had to make up something quick. "because I was looking at my... tan line?"

It was phrased more as of a question, not convincing the older boy one bit. An eyebrow quirked.

"Whatever. Anyways, I came up here to tell you that mom needs you ready and downstairs in 10 minutes to bring cookies to the new neighbors. The school called and told her all about your community project." Travis shot one last glare in his brother's direction, before slamming the door in his face.

{{{{{{{{{{•}}}}}}}}}

"Mom, Why do we have to do this?" complained the teenage boy.

The air was cold, biting through Travis layers he'd slipped on last minute. It smelt faintly of gasoline. The clouds hung low over the small suburban street. Snow from the last week were left in piles along the crumbling sidewalk.

The destination of the son-and-mother duo was a small brick house that was catty corner to their own home.

"Well, we wouldn't be in this situation if you would put a little more effort into your french classes! Besides, it's the neighborly thing to do." The boy let out on exasperated sigh,  giving up.

Donna Kelce let her hand sit in the air a moment before knocking on the stained wood. Much to the boy's shock, a kid, around the ages 10-14 opened the door.

He was tall and lanky, much like Travis, but more muscular. Dark brown hair stood wildly on all ends, giving him a crazed look. Bright blue eyes pierced through the sophomore.

The boy asked with an unsure voice, "Your not the pizza guy." and immediately regretted it.

A shriek erupted from the house, as a middle aged woman batted the back of his head with a rolled up magazine. Her eyes quickly looked over the two strangers on her doorstep.

Her eyes were just as blue as the boy's, and hair was just as dark. Wrinkles were evident around the corners of her plump cherry lips.

"I'm so sorry about my son, please come in. We ordered pizza an hour ago, and they still haven't delivered." she rushed out breathlessly, "I'm Giselle, and that's my son PK"  she mused as she pointed in the direction of the boy, "he's at the middle school. I also have a daughter in high school, Idalia,  that is somewhere in this gosh darned house. Please sit."

The pair did what they were told. They watched as Giselle placed the tray of cookies on a dining table, taking great care in it's arrangement.
The house was remarkably clean, other than the few boxes scattered here and there.

"Dalton, my husband, is probably lost. I sent him out to the store to get some groceries, but that man can't read a map to save his life."

Travis had zoned out after that. While the olive skinned lady kept rambling on, the sophomore eyes were caught on the figure climbing down the stairs.

Her hair flowed down her shoulders in tiny curls, each one being nicely defined. Dark chocolatey eyes searched the room. Travis couldn't help but stare at this ethereal being.

The girl froze like a dear in headlights once she realized that the family had company.

"Oh! Donna, Travis, this is my daughter, Lia. She's gonna be a sophomore at the high school. Say hello dear."

"Hi" the young girl mumbled out. She was intimidated by the way her new neighbor was looking at her.

Suddenly, there was a crash in the kitchen. Giselle and Donna went to investigate, while the two teenagers remained.

Travis felt uncomfortable with the suffocating silence and tried to break it with the best thing he could muster up. "Uhm, do you play any sports?"

Lia's eyes lit up.
"Yeah, I do gymnastics, and play softball. Mainly gymnastics" and when she smiled, Travis swore he'd never seen anything prettier.

"Well, the high school as teams for both. I play a little bit of everything, but mostly Football and basketball." Lia nodded along.

They continued to gush about their chosen sports. Lia took note of the far-away look her acquaintance would get whenever he talked about football. It was the same way her brother talked about it.

However, their conversation came to a screeching halt (sooner that's the pair would have liked) by a loud cough erupting from the foyer. Idalia knew that sound well.

Dalton Townsend had arrived.

•••

AN;

currently listening to all too well (10 minute version) (Taylor's version).

debating if this is a she fell first but he fell harder type story or if it's the other way around.

my life has been busy, but i finally got my shit together so yeah

go lions! (my playoff team)

hope y'all liked this!!!

LOVE YALL!!!

-jessie

also shoutout to katiaswife cause she has some AMAZING stories that y'all need to read