"uh uh uh." she said. "im getting you that girlfriend.."

was she gonna? no. she doesnt have the balls. soon the bell rang and lightbulb sped away.

test tube pov:

i sat in the library. spending my lunch break reading about the moon instead of eating.

BANG

i shot up, oh my golly what was that!? soon lightbulb came up to me.

"yes?" i asked.

"ITS TIME!" she squealed. frowning when i gave her a questioning look. "the prom is next week! you can FINALLY ask fan out!" my eyes widened.

for a couple months i have been meticulously and tediously planning the perfect, fool-proof plan to secure fan. i studies his interests, and interviewed lightbulb and paintbrush to learn even the most niche facts about him.

"oh golly! this is splendid information!" i exclaimed. "ill begin asap!"

time skip [test tubes house]

uuuaaaahhh.. im not ready! i lost track of the days and forgot to practice! jeebers..

my project was simple. i ask fan to hang out, i bring him to my basement lab, and show my experiment. there would be a basket of offical inanimate insanity merch, including signed items, that i am positive are not yet in his collection. after giving him the box i will dim the lights and light a candle, placing it under a contraption. the liquid inside will start to bubble and react, soon it will cause a reaction where the substance will make many sparks. the sparks shaping the question and little hearts in the air, like a sparkler! ..just.. more intricate!

soon.. came the time.

prom is soon. very soon. i wisped around the hallways of school and sliding an envelope into fans locker, quickly evacuating before he saw me.

fan pov:

an envelope? guess lightbulb was serious. i opened it, instead of a letter i was met with a location near school. in the corner there was a little note in messy handwriting, "lightbulb approved!! good luck flatface :3" id recognize that handwriting anywhere.

i walked outside the school and to a nearby picnic table, the one lightbulb and paintbrush carved their initals into.  sat there, was test tube.

"test tube?" i asked, lifting up the note. "did you leave this?"

she jerked up with a squeal. "oh.. yes i did! id like to ask you to accompany me at my house."

"soo.. like hanging out?" i asked, she had a weird way of speaking, but i liked that about her.

"yes!" she said.

"lead the way!"

she led me to her house, her house having beautiful plants scattered around her yard. she opened the door for me, and led me into her basement. what kind of porno plot is this?!

"okay! close your eyes!" she said, i complied. she grabbed my hand and led me into a room. "alright.. open!"

i opened my eyes to a laboratory.. she has a lab down here?! then i saw the basket. "wwoah!" i said, speeding over and looking at it. "you like inanimate insanity?" i asked her excitedly.

"not particularly, its for you! you dont have these, correct?"

i sat there speechless. "for me?!" she nodded. i jumped up and hugged her, spinning us around.

"thats not all!" she snapped and the lights dimmed. THIS REALLY WAS A PORNO COME TO LIFE.. she lit a candle and put it under a contraption. the substance lighting up and raising towards the opening of the contraption.

WILL YOU GO TO THE PROM WITH ME? ♡

what? she.. WHAT. i said there absolutely flabbergasted. i looked over at her and she was so flustered.

"yyyyyyyyyyyes!" i stammered. standing up and giving her a peck on the cheek.

"golly jee wizz!" she said, thrusting her arm in the air. "according to my prior research.. we can become a pair!"

"a pair? like.. dating?"

"affirmative! you wouldn't go to the prom with someone you dont love.. correct?"

"thats right?"

"so now we can be a pair!"

"id like that. thank you test tube."

~

this is very test tube oriented, but i took inspo from a fic i read. fan is always the one confessing so i wanted to have test tube do it!