"Which one?"

"212th." Fives smirked. "She'll be with Cody. She'll be under his watchful eye, guided by his wisdom as he teaches her how we do things in the Galactic Army of the Republic. I'm sure they'll get along great."

Rex rolled his eyes. "I'm sure they will. He always gets along with people."

Fives checked the time quickly on Rex's datapad that was lying out. "I think she's meeting them now. Because she's on probation, Cody has to watch her."

"Don't you have target practise to be doing or something?" Rex narrowed his eyes. "Why do you always have so much free time to bother me with?"

Fives grinned and spread his arms. "Wow, I'm almost getting the impression you don't want me here."

"What gave you that idea?" Rex turned back to his helmet and began scrubbing harder than before.

"Hey, Rex?" Anakin knocked on the open doorway. "I have some news."

Rex looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes, sir?"

Anakin chuckled. "Kara beat up Cody. Or she flirted with him? I'm not clear on what happened. So then they introduced her to Wolfe, who happened to be on world. I think she provoked him and he attacked her?"

Rex pinched the bridge of his nose. "You want me to go find Cody and Wolfe and ask them about it?"

Anakin paused, sucking his lips between his teeth. "Not exactly."

"Please tell me she didn't kill them." Rex lifted his gaze to the ceiling.

"She didn't," Anakin quickly assured him. "Instead, she's been reassigned to us."

Rex felt a rush of elation for some strange reason. "She's coming with us?"

"And you have to watch her since she's technically a criminal," Anakin confirmed. "She'll be here soon. Cody and Wolfe are both bring her here. They decided to personally make sure she left this planet."

Rex snorted in amusement. "Of course they are." He pushed his chair back and stood up. "I'll take care of it."

"Can I come?" Fives eagerly asked.

Rex shot him a sharp look. "No. This is important and I can't have you somehow messing it up."

"How would I mess it up?" Fives asked incredulously.

"I'm not having you accidentally convince her to return to the Separatists. You can't come with me," Rex said firmly. He shooed Fives out of his office. "I'll see you later."

"Don't forget to find her a place to sleep now that she's a permanent addition to our ranks," Anakin instructed. 

"I'll see if we have an extra bunk," Rex said as he walked down the hallways, Anakin at his side.

"There better be one. I'm not having you two share a bed again," Anakin slyly said.

Rex's eyes widened. "Sir?"

"I hear everything that happens on this cruiser." Anakin crossed his arms across his chest. "I know that Jesse tried to steal my lightsabers, I know that Fives stole your helmet, and I know about the bet on you and Kara."

"To be fair, I haven't encouraged any of that!" Rex protested. "And all we did was sleep together! You're making it seem like we-"

"Slept together?" Anakin finished for him before sighing. "I don't care what you do in your spare time, just don't traumatize poor Echo. It's a shared room."

Rex rolled his eyes as they turned their separate ways. Rex eventually reached the hanger, where he could see three figures waiting for him. He immediately rubbed at his forehead tiredly.