Aeternitheos merely regarded Claude with a blank stare.

The air grew colder that morning, causing Felix to flinch as he silently watched them, torn between loyalty to the emperor and a growing sense of protectiveness towards the young prince.

"I shall take my leave, Your Majesty," Aeternitheos, as usual, didn't even wait for Claude to finish and took this as his cue to leave. He turned away from the emperor, taking his first step towards the carriage. The gravel crunched beneath the prince's small boots as he approached the carriage, an undeniable air of defiance in his every step.

"Don't miss me too much," Aeternitheos quipped, his words carrying a subtle mockery, an attempt to assert control over a situation where control seemed elusive.

"I won't miss you at all," Claude retorted with an air of dismissal, but the unresolved tension lingered between them, like the static before a storm.

Aeternitheos made his way towards the carriage without looking back, his small frame carrying an air of defiance.

The horses whinnied softly, sensing the charged atmosphere.

As Aeternitheos approached the carriage, petting the horses with calming strokes and nodding in acknowledgement at the anxious coachman, he could feel the weight of Claude's gaze burning into his back. The exchange left an unsettled atmosphere behind, a silent clash of wills lingering in the air but the prince's calm composure did not falter. The air around them seemed to hum with tension, the unspoken power struggle continuing even as the carriage door opened, revealing a seat reserved for the young prince.

Aeternitheos climbed in without hesitation, his eyes meeting Claude's once more. With a final smirk, Aeternitheos settled into the carriage, leaving behind a tense and conflicted scene in the courtyard of the Imperial Grounds.

The carriage had barely moved a few yards when Felix sprinted after it, catching up with surprising agility. His armour gleamed in the faint sunlight, a stark contrast to the sombre atmosphere that enveloped the Obsidian Palace grounds.

"Your Highness! Wait!" Felix called out, his voice carrying a mixture of urgency and determination.

Aeternitheos, still seated inside the carriage, signalled the bewildered coachman to stop and leaned out slightly to acknowledge Felix's presence.

Felix reached the side of the carriage, panting slightly from the impromptu sprint. With a determined look in his eyes, he spoke, "Your Highness, this knight apologises for not doing better but I couldn't let you depart without my sincere wishes for your return."

Felix unsheathed the sword from his side, its hilt adorned with ornate designs that reflected the craftsmanship of the Imperial Armory. The blade, sharp and gleaming, seemed to catch the ambient light, turning it into a beacon of both strength and protection.

"I present you with my sword," Felix continued, offering the weapon with a ceremonious bow. "May it serve you well on your journey and be a symbol of the strength you carry within, even when the odds seem insurmountable."

Aeternitheos regarded the sword with a thoughtful gaze, recognizing the gravity of the gesture. The gift, though a physical object, carried layers of meaning – a token of trust, a weapon for protection, and a silent acknowledgement of the challenges that lay ahead.

"Thank you, Felix," Aeternitheos said, accepting the sword with a nod. The weight of the weapon in his small hands felt significant, a tangible connection to the responsibilities and trials that awaited him beyond the Obelian Empire.

Felix gazed at the prince with pained warmth in those light grey eyes. "May you return safely, Your Highness. You may carry the hopes of this empire, but please prioritise your safety above all. I shall see you soon, Your Highness."