All Mine.

"The Babadook." Tara answers. "It's an amazing meditation on motherhood and grief." A small quiet chuckle can be heard over the phone. "Hmm.." The unknown caller clicks his tongue. "Isn't that a little boring?" She rolls her eyes, "Well, it's elevated horror."

Ghosts and crazy masked killers running after you are one thing, but there's something more terrifying about the human experience itself.

"Uh, huh. Care to explain?"

Letting out a sigh, she explains. "You know, it's like..scary, but with complex emotional and thematic underpinnings. It's not just some schlocky cheeseball nonsense with wall-to-wall jump scares." She thinks of Amber again. Amber admitted to admiring Jordan Peele's work on notable films like Get Out and Us.

"Hmm. Sounds a little boring to me." He says, showing zero interest. "Ever seen Stab?"

"Some of it, I guess. Yeah." Movie nights with Amber were always something to look forward to. Sometimes, they'd do a roulette on what they'd watch. She only ever watched the first three original films with her. It was all too much; there were about 8 films in the franchise. But she would be willing to sit through it. Only with Amber. Although, it seems like it's far away from happening now, given their current situation.

The caller asks, "Do you remember how the first one started?" Tara knows this. She knew a good amount of details. It was all Amber ever talked about. "Well, it always started with a kill scene, right? They always started with a kill scene."

He agrees. "Yes, that's right. It started with a girl alone at home. She answers an unknown number and starts talking with the killer who makes her play a game." The tone of his voice shifts, the volume increasing. "Would you like to play a game, Tara?"

It's Amber. It has to be Amber with some stupid voice-changer app. The thoughts swim in her head. "Amber...is that you? This isn't fucking funny."

"This isn't Amber." She receives a message from the same unknown number. A video. She presses play to see Amber through her window, fixing herself up, and the recorder's holding a knife. "Amber's looking particularly fetching tonight." He comments.

Tara starts panicking when it hits her that it was real. That it's actually happening. She thought about how he could be one of Amber's "debate buddies" online, rage typing and arguing about horror films in forums, turning out to be a deranged psycho who went on his way to find Amber's personal information. Wes did warn her about those kinds of people on the internet.

In a desperate need of an explanation, she asks him. "What do you want?"

"I told you, I want to play a Stab trivia game. You call the cops, she dies. You answer wrong, she dies." Regret fills her. She wished she could've just stopped being a wuss and talked to Amber to confront her about what happened between them. But now she's being threatened, her bestfriend's life could be at stake.

"First question.." Tara starts checking her house, starting with the bathroom. No one there. She checks the corners in the living room. Not a single soul.

Then the last room in the hallway; she walks up to the storage room, opening the door. In front of her is a masked stranger. Ghostface. Before she could react, it pushed her to the wall.

Tara struggles, Ghostface revealing a knife on its hand, aiming for Tara's neck. She makes an effort to push it back with all her strength. The crazy masked killer's height was a little closer to Tara's. But it was still taller than her. Ghostface is too busy pushing the knife into her. So she takes a risk; as she's trying to get the knife away from her, she kicks it in the abdomen, making it stumble, giving her at least a second for a chance to run away.