Wen Renlian frowned, suddenly grabbing his arm, "Let’s protest again, maybe more of the wealthy will back out."

The bespectacled guy struggled to free his arm, "Are you crazy? Have you forgotten the death waiver agreement we signed when boarding? I don’t want to die. I barely mustered the courage to attend the ball and earned a substantial amount of money; I want to live to collect my bonus!"

After shaking off Wen Renlian's hand, he spat out a word, "Bad luck," and walked into the crowd.

Wen Renlian withdrew his hand, "Death Waiver Agreement... Reward..."

He observed the stark divide between the rich and the commoners, his gaze complex.

Upon arriving at the ball, Wen Renlian had been puzzled by the attendance of so many impoverished individuals.

For the impoverished, money could sometimes buy life.

It could also strip away dignity, and the status of being "human".

*

While everyone had tacitly accepted the rule changes announced by Jiang Luo, Mr. Welton on the stage vehemently objected, his face set in a scowl as he shouted, "I object!"

Jiang Luo, devoid of emotion in his gaze, suddenly strode forward, walking onto the stage from the side. The waiter who had blocked the young widow's husband earlier did not stop Jiang Luo. Jiang Luo went up, pulled the young widow to her feet, pushed her off the stage, and closed in on Welton.

The tall, dark-haired young man grasped the microphone in one hand, leaning in gracefully to whisper in the ear of the unsightly tycoon, "Mr. Welton, you should open your eyes and see the way those impoverished individuals are looking at you."

"They already know how unequal this game is," Jiang Luo laughed, his voice carrying a dangerous edge that pierced into the tycoon's brain, "This ship is filled with the impoverished, and even ants can kill an elephant. If you're bitten all over by ants, it would cause us quite the trouble."

Welton's pupils contracted as he heard the dark-haired young man say, "Don't cause trouble for us, understand?"

After speaking, Jiang Luo stepped back, giving Welton one last look before walking down from the side of the stage.

Still in a daze, Welton suddenly felt an intense sense of danger.

A chill ran down his spine, his body stiffened, and following that terrifying gaze, he saw a man with dark golden hair leaning against a pillar, watching him with a smile that wasn't quite a smile.

Moments later, Welton suddenly ran down from the stage in a frenzied manner, laughing hysterically as he pushed through the crowd to the outside of the ballroom.

"Crazy..." muttered someone he bumped into, turning their head in disapproval.

Jiang Luo, seeing that no objections were raised, signaled to a waiter and whispered a few words. The waiter stepped onto the stage and announced new game rules, "Per the proposal of this gentleman, any objections to the new game rules?"

The waiter waited for a moment, and within a minute, no one voiced any opposition. He continued, "Then, from now on, if you wish to check someone's card, you must guess their identity. If you guess wrong, you automatically become a slave—whether you are rich or common."

The music of the ball resumed.

The stage was empty, with no second pair of master and slave stepping up. Even though the rich knew they had the advantage, they still did not readily show themselves.