Seagulls flew over, the sea was calm, and the wind carried a salty scent onto the dock.

The luxurious and magnificent Agonise was docked by the sea.

The dock was already crowded with people, who looked up in awe at the Agonise under the blazing sun. The dazzling sunlight reflected various colors off the ship's pristine white surface, and a huge shadow stretched from the sea over them. Among those covered by the shadow, most were ordinary or even shabby-dressed commoners, but there were also some well-dressed wealthy individuals.

The crew members set the ladder in place and shouted loudly, "It's ready!"

The Agonise had two boarding passages, one leading to the lower level for the common people and another leading to the upper level for the wealthy. Both entrances were guarded by crew members, while the captain stood at the entrance for the wealthy, wearing a warm smile.

The Agonise only accepted boarding passes, but in addition to these, everyone boarding had to undergo a strict and detailed check to prevent anyone from bringing any electronic devices that could contact the outside world or send messages aboard.

Indeed, the Agonise did not allow guests to bring technological products.

This unusual rule should not have been accepted. Yet, those coming aboard took this regulation for granted, even the fastidious wealthy complied with this rule.

Now was the time for the guests to board.

The wealthy guests lined up in groups of three or two. After the crew members checked the boarding passes on the ground, they first took the luggage away for inspection, then transported it to each guest's room.

The wealthy individuals, after having their tickets inspected, boarded the ship, where another group further scrutinized them for any devices capable of recording or taking photographs.

The passage for the affluent was conducted in an orderly fashion.

In contrast, the first level's commoners' passage was exceptionally crowded and noisy.

Everyone, carrying their luggage, squeezed through the crowd, drenched in sweat. The smell of sweat and foot odor was overwhelming, with men's cursing and women's high heels creating an irritating prelude.

"It's so hot," Zhuo Zhongqiu decided to take off her cap and fan herself with it, "Hundreds of people squeezing onto the ship, and they inspect so thoroughly, I'm about to lose my cool."

"Yes," Lu Youyi languidly said, "I'm so thirsty my throat is smoking."

Wen Renlian handed him a bottle of water, smiling, "Kuang Zheng hasn't sweated a bit, while you guys are almost mummified."

"That's not the same," Lu Youyi drank half the bottle in one gulp, wiping his mouth contentedly and looking enviously at Kuang Zheng, "Kuang Zheng spends every day near the furnace; he's used to this temperature. But what I envy the most..."

His gaze shifted to the sparsely populated passage for the wealthy, "Ah, how I envy them."

Ye Xun lowered his head, wiping the sweat from Xiao Fen's forehead, and looked around at the people, "Something's not right."

"They all look very poor," he noticed a man blowing his nose and casually wiping his fingers on his clothes, "At least, they look like they don't have spare cash to buy an expensive ship ticket."

The price of a standard boat ticket also reached into the thousands.

Seylor whispered, "Yes, and the number of commoners boarding the ship far exceeds that of the wealthy. They still flock to it eagerly."