I peeked to make sure there was no one around. I walked out slowly and searched for an exit. It looked like I was in a building. But what building?

The Ocean Howl pack house.

As I tip toed along the corridors. I heard voices in the next room beside me.

"What are we supposed to do?" A man yelled. It sounded like Arnold.

"I don't know!" Another yelled.

"This was not part of the plan!" The third man yelled. I could recall that voice very well. Jonathan.

"The other packs have turned against us! We only have your pack, the Darkwood Pack and the Ever Green Pack!" The second voice said. I searched my brain to figure out who the voice belonged to. Frederic.

Frederic, Jonathan and Arnold were talking. They sounded extremely worried.

"It's that damn Kratos!" Arnold said.

Zade. What did Zade do?

"You should have killed him, Jonathan!" Frederic yelled.

"I couldn't. Damon said we shouldn't. It wasn't the right time."

What? Damon is involved?

"Damon feels sorry for his damn sister." Arnold grunted once more.

I had to warn Zade. But where was he?

"Kratos and Hayes are all by the shield. They're waiting with the other packs. They have the Crystal Moon Pack on their side. They'll break the shield in no time." Frederic stated.

I had to exit the pack house now and get to the shield.

I started to walk slowly toward another passage way. I caught the scent of fresh air. That was the exit. I followed if and found the exit.

I opened the door and glanced around to make sure I was alone.

"She's gone!" I heard distant yells.

I ran.

I ran to the shield as fast as I could.

I saw thousands of wolves lined up outside. I saw Zade.

"Zade!" I shouted. "Zade!" As I ran.

His wolf ran toward me but hit into the shield. He growled and barked at the shield. He shook his big bulky body. It looked like he mind linked the other wolf beside him.

I ran through the shield and grabbed Zade's coat tight. He nudged me with his muzzle and let out a soft growl of satisfaction. His tensed body calmed within my touch.

"Zade." I whispered.

"Don't ever leave me like that." He mind linked me.

"I know and I'm sorry. Where's Maristela?"

"She's safe. Are you injured?"

"I healed." I replied.

"Go home."

"No." I protested. I was not going home in the middle of battle.

"Esra," Zade growled.

"I'm not going home, Zade." I said in words.

A small brown wolf appeared. It looked like a red wolf. He seemed to be mind linking Zade.

Zade growled in protest but agreed eventually.

"Shift." He mind linked me.

"No. I'm better in this form."

"Esra, shift." His growl deepened.

"Stop being so possessive!" I shouted at him. All the other wolves stood silent and stared. "I am so tired of your shit. You don't control me. You don't tell me how to live my life."

He stared at me with a saddened expression.

"And this," I pulled out the ring from my finger. "has no meaning at all." I threw the ring on the floor.

The tears threatened to leave my eyes but I pushed them away. I walked away from Zade.

All the wolves began to step back and make room for me to leave. They stared and watched me leave. And I didn't look back at Zade.

I focused my mind on Damon. I was going to see Damon. That traitor.

He was going to pay for everything.

I shifted into my wolf as the space between me and the other wolves descended.

I ran through the Enchanted Woods. I ran faster than usual. The adrenaline rushed through me and the pain from the wolfsbane remained.

I reached the Shadow Pack border. The mountain ash decayed. There was no longer a shield. I ran to the pack house and found Damon chained up to a pole.

I didn't want to shift in front of him. I ran upstairs to my room and ignored his calls. When I entered my room I shifted and changed.

I made my way back down stairs with a knife in my hand.

"Esra?"

"You traitor." I stabbed his shoulder.

"Esra, I can explain." He groaned.

"I don't want to hear your damn excuses! You're a traitor! You're still working with Azrael!" I pulled the knife out and stabbed his other shoulder.

"No!" He gritted his teeth. "I'm not. I'm pretending."

"But he is still your Alpha!" I pulled the knife out again.

"But I refuse to obey him." He eyed me. "I regret joining him but I was forced to. I was sent here to kill Zade. But I didn't. I don't want to. I don't want to hurt you."

"Why should I believe this?"

"Because it's the truth."

"You're strong. You can break through these chains and yet you stay here. Why?" I asked.

"I don't know what Zade did to these chains but it's impossible to break free from them." He tried to pull it but it didn't budge.

Mountain ash. Clever. Zade knew.

I played dumbfounded. "I dunno either. Anyway, you're stuck here. I stabbed his chest and left the knife there." He groaned as he pulled the knife out.

I heard wolves running. I sensed Zade near too.

They were coming back. But why?

Zade stood tall as only his wolves and the other Alphas and a few others from their packs were with him.

Zade stared at me on the porch.

"I'm sorry."