"They had everythin' under wraps, Dabi. I'm not a miracle worker." Giran replies calmly, despite Touya's mood.

"My kid's stuck with the chump that got her taken away, an' your only word is 'ah'?" Touya continues to argue.

Deep down, he knows that his anger is pointed at the wrong person, but he needed someone to take it out on, and Giran had never once walked away from him or made him feel less than whenever he got emotional.
Anger, or any kind of strong emotion was okay with Giran, it was safe to show, for the most part. It took him a while to get to that point with Giran, where he could really be candid. And when he did allow himself that chance... that was a rarity in Touya's life.

"Look at her." Touya demands, tapping her printed face harshly.

Giran cringes a little. "Yeah. I know."

"She's got a fuckin' feeding tube, old man."

"I can see tha', Dabi."

"So why didn't you fuckin' do something?" Touya hisses.

Giran sighs, stubbing out his cigarette and taking the newspaper, leaning back and reading it silently despite Touya's rising heat. Touya glares at him for a few moments while he reads in silence, Zero sitting there sipping his badly made coffee awkwardly, apparently still not used to consuming food or drinks.
Giran eventually puts the paper back down, scratching his greying hair roughly and then wiping his lower face with a heavily ringed hand.

"Yeah tha's a tough one. Ain't gonna lie." He admits, his voice cracking. "Poor lil' sunshine. She looks so thin an' sad."

Touya takes a deep breath through his nose. He didn't need what he already knew repeated back to him, he had eyes, he could see.
Giran takes his glasses off to rub his eyes roughly, Zero finally seeming to come to life and look between the two as they try, and fail, to collect themselves.
Touya was no stranger to emotional outbursts, but Giran... Touya had never seen Giran shaken. He'd never seen him so close to crying, and it was clear he was on the edge of it now.

"We know roughly where they live." Zero perks up suddenly. "We could keep watch over the house."

"He ain't gonna let either of them outta his sight for a long while." Touya sniffs harshly. "She's a fuckin' prisoner again wi' someone that ain't gonna treat her right."

"I don't need to sleep or eat. I can watch for any openings that come up." He offers.

"Jus' cause you think you don't need to doesn't mean you shouldn't." Touya hisses. "Your body needs the food to handle the all the quirks, never mind anythin' else, an' you need sleep because you're still human. Useless to me an' everyone else if you're weak and dead. Again."

Touya growls the last word, knowing that if he couldn't pull a reaction from Giran, there was definitely no chance of getting a reaction from Zero. But he's surprised to see his eye twitch slightly, even though the small smile remains, tugging his lips upwards ever so faintly.

"Of course." Zero replies calmly. "I'm simply trying to help."

"Don't be yellin' at Zero. He ain't done nothin' wrong." Giran defends. "If ya know where your winged pal lives, why're you over here wastin' time?"

Touya's temperature spikes quickly and harshly. "The fuck are you tryna say?"

Giran stares back at him with no fear. They'd butted heads enough while Touya was younger that he knew all too well that Touya wouldn't really move past vicious words.
He does eventually relent first though, waving his hand dismissively at Touya.