𝟎𝟏 ♯ 𝓌𝗵𝗼'ˢ 𝓉𝗵𝗮𝘁?

CHAPTER ONE . . .

━━━ ❛ who's that? ❜ ♯

"Why are we even here?"

"Are you kidding me!? Everybody is talking about this new cafe, we need to try it out."

Dahlia heard her best friend groan at her words, letting her attention drift from the building to the taller dark-haired girl.

"What are you groaning for?" she lightly pushed her arm, "Don't tell me your british ass doesn't want some tea." a brief laugh nearly failed to escape her lips as the other pushed her back almost immediately.

"Shut up, I know you want some coffee." Kaia rolled her eyes, starting to walk away. "Coffee addict..."

"Hey, I heard you!"

But before Dahlia could put her plan to act and jump on her best friend, she's already disappeared into the building. However, it didn't take long before the brunette followed.

The faint scent of coffee and sweets filled the girl's nostrils, her mouth watering at the thought of biting into a hot crossaint and sipping on her cappuccino. That's totally what she needed at the moment, given the fact it was ten in the morning — way too early for her taste.

Following Kaia's lead, they found an empty table and sat down on the cushioned seats. "Ugh man, I'm so hungry." Dahlia mumbled whilst making herself comfortable on her new seat.

She must admit, although she didn't order anything yet, she already loved this cafe. She would definitely be spotted in here again.

"It's really nice here." Kaia seemed to read her best friend's mind as she spoke, her eyes drifting to the pastry on display just a few feet away from them.

"For real!" Dahlia widened her eyes slightly, a smirk tugging at her lips. "I'm definitely coming back here."

A short but comfortable silence took over the pairs' table, but just as the dark haired friend was about to open her mouth, a male's voice beat her to it.

"Hello!" he spoke, "What would you like to order?"

Finally, Dahlia let her eyes wander over to him.

Holy shit.

His chubby cheeks stood out as his lips were slightly upturned, his eyes not once making it seem as if they held impurity — actually, she felt even safe under his brown gaze, as if she had known him for longer than it was meant to be.

She silently sucked in a breath. "I'd like to order a cappucino, please." A sweet smile grazed her lips, allowing him to write down the order, before turning to the older girl.