xviii. new step dad

Start from the beginning

...

Molly made it to Miyagi-Do right on time, Robby and Demetri walking out of the building right as she pulled up.

Robby smiled at Molly as he walked towards her car. He climbed in and kissed her cheek. "Hey." He said with a big smile. Molly felt herself smile back as the butterflies fluttered in her stomach again. "Hi." She muttered back.

Those damn butterflies.

Demetri, who watched the whole scene, raised his eyebrows and walked around the car so he was on Molly's side. He rested his elbow on the roof of Molly's car and looked down at her through her window. "And where are you two going?"

"Date to the mall." Molly said, looking at Robby beside her. She smiled and grabbed his hand before looking back to her window to Demetri.

"Mind if I join? I need to see how it is being a third wheel with you two. Seeing as thought Robby is my new step dad." Demetri explained.

Molly let go of Robby's hand and sighed, dropping her head to her steering wheel. "Oh my God." She muttered as Robby squinted, looking back and forth between Molly and Demetri. "What?" Robby asked.

Demetri realized Robby was not in on the loop and leaned down lower so he could see Robby better through the drivers window. "Well, I used to call Molly and Hawk my parents. Now that said parents are divorced, Mama Molls has to introduce me to her new boyfrie—"

"Demetri get in the car!" Molly snapped, her head still pressed against her steering wheel. Demetri's eyes widened and he quickly nodded his head, immediately opening the door behind Molly and scrambling into the backseat.

Molly raised her head once Demetri's car door closed and sighed. She could see Robby smiling at her out of the corner of her eyes. "Mama Molls?" He teased and Molly whipped her head to face Robby, a small glare on her face.

"Yes. But you're not allowed to call me that. Only Demetri can." She said before she noticed Sam walking out of Miyagi-Do. Mollys smile faltered, guilt from leaving Sam at the beach club starting for a moment. Molly leaned closer to Robby so she could see Sam from his window clearer.

"Hey, Sam!" Molly yelled, making the LaRusso girl look up from her phone. "Wanna go to the mall?"

...

As soon as they got to the mall, the four headed to the food court, Robby, Demetri, and Sam all hungry after karate. They ordered their food and while Sam and Demetri waited for their food to be ready, Robby and Molly searched for a table they could all sit at.

"So how's Demetri doing at Miyagi-Do?" Molly asked as she took the seat across from Robby. The boys eyes widened as if to say "oh, boy" making Molly grow a little nervous. Robby sighed, leaning back in his seat. "He isn't giving it his all. He's making a complete joke of it." Robby complained.

Molly pressed her lips together, She moved forward in her seat to make up for Robby leaning back in his. Now, they were closer. "Look, Demetri wants to do this. I know it. He just... has never been the fighter type." Molly looked away from Robby and bit her lips. "Or the working type."

Robby let out an annoyed laugh, making Molly turn back to him. She grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. "But he is one of the most committed people I know. He may be really difficult about it, but he will give it his all in no time." Molly said, hoping to give Robby some reassurance. A small smile grew on her face and Molly tauntingly tilted her head. "You have no room to talk about being difficult, Swayze." Molly started.

Robby, who was once a little annoyed, watched Molly with wide eyes. The girls smile only doubled in size as she innocently shrugged her shoulders. "Considering you made a big fight about your distaste towards romance movies when you love Dirty Dancing." She said. Robby's jaw clenched, a fake mad facade displayed across his body. He leaned back forward onto their table, resting an elbow on it as he raised a finger to point at her. "I told you about my middle name in confidence."