Chapter Seventeen (Zade's POV)

Começar do início

"You know what? You're an Omega. Go find yourself some work to do." I took of the chain from his collar and shoed him away with my hand.

"You gotta be kidding me, right?"

I stared at him with a smile and sipped on my beer.

"I mean look at me." He gestured to himself. "I'm fit out to be a warrior. I have muscle basically everywhere."

Bloody show-off. I said to myself in my mind.

"Ladies should be drooling over me." He turned his head to the one Omega walking pass and winked at her. She gave him a shy smile.

I shook my head and took another sip from my glass.

"I shouldn't be a maid. I mean, I'm not fit out to clean a house or cook food. I'm a warrior. I hunt. I kill." He finished.

"There's always room for new things." I faked a smile and gulped the rest of my beer. "Now go find yourself some work to do."

Damon groaned and stood up. He took one of the feather dusters and started to dust the vases and ornaments that were in the living room.

Suddenly, my ring started glowing. It turned red. Esra. She's in danger.

"Hey, what's happening to your ring?" Damon's expression grew serious.

"Esra is in danger." I hurried out of the pack house.

"Wait for me, Alpha." Damon huried to my side.

"Oh no you don't, you bloody demon wolf." I went back into the living room and took the chain, chained it onto his collar again and chained him outside on one of the poles that held the awning.

"Hey! You're not gonna leave me here, are you?"

I ignored him and huried toward the Enchanted Forest. I was going to shift into my wolf and run toward the energy signature of the ring. But something caught my eye.

Maristela.

She was all muddy and messed.

"Maristela, what happened? Where's Esra?" I asked.

"They took her. The Ocean Howl Pack. They took her!" She cried.

I panicked. I mind linked Jackson to take Maristela to the pack house and keep her safe. He came after a minute and took her.

I hurried into the forest and shifted into my gigantic dire wolf. I ran as fast as I could. I got closer and closer every minute.

I reached the pack border but I couldn't get through. They had a shield. But it wasn't mountain ash.

I growled in frustration. I heard wolves howling in a distance. One by one, red wolves started to surround me. They weren't as big as me. They looked almost like a coyote.

The circled me then stopped when a larger red wolf appeared but still thin and smaller than me. He was an Alpha.

He mind linked me.

"Alpha, Zade Kratos, Alpha of the Shadow Pack. It is an honour to meet you but I'm afraid they took your mate."

"I need to find her."

"And you will. They took my mate too and I'm here to get her. But it is a very unwise choice you made by coming here on your own."

"She's my mate. I can save her." I growled.

"I know you can. But you can't do it alone."

His words found their way to my human brain. He had a point. I couldn't save her alone. I growled at him and mind linked all the warriors from my pack.

"How are you going to save your mate?" I asked him.

"The Ocean Howl Pack are a pack of rogues and hybrids. They're working with Azrael. We do not like them and want them dead." He snarled. "We may need help from the Crystal Moon Pack and the Snow Moon Pack. Do not trust the Wind Winder Pack. They're traitors! They do not even know that Azrael is working against them."

I cursed in my mind. They lied to us. Alpha Zephyrus and the Grey's fucking lied to us.

"How do I know you're not as bad as them?" I barked and growled louder. My wolf was pissed off as much as I was. He wanted to rip anyone in his way to get to our mate.

"We give you our word, Alpha Kratos." The Alpha said.

I stood tall on all fours with my chest out. Just like the Alpha I was. Like the Alpha my father once was. I nodded my head once. I shook my coat and walked towards the Alpha. I was twice the size of him yet he showed no fear. He was an Alpha too after all.

"How do we get my mate back?"

"We need the Crystal Moon Pack to break the spell." He said as he tilted his head toward the invisible shield. "I mind linked them. They will be here shortly."

Soon we heard hundreds of wolves running. When they came into view, it looked like there were more than a hundred. About a thousand wolves. Red wolves, dire wolves, arctic wolves and labrador wolves appeared.

"We will win this war, Alpha Kratos. We will win."