Knight in shining armor

Start from the beginning

You kept smiling at the knights words and feels your heart beat faster because of her. Oh no...are you catching feelings for the girl knight in shining armor?

~ a couple of days past ~

Natasha was stationed outside your door, watching out for any potential threats while you were inside writing in your journal. Your feelings for this knight has been growing stronger and stronger. She would come inside every now and then to check on you and y'all would talk for hours on end, getting to know one another. You decided to write her a little cheesy poem to tease her and to let her know how you felt about her. "Roses are red, violets are blue, when you look at me, I feel protected by you." You wrote and got up from your bed and slid the note under the door and went running back to your bed while giggling to yourself like a crazed teenager. Natasha notices something underneath your door and stoops down to pick up the paper, scanning it over briefly. Her eyes widen for a split second, before she regains her composure and shoves the note into one of her pockets. She feels her heart race ever so slightly, Natasha takes a deep breath to regain her bearings. Though she is curious about the princess's intentions, she reminds herself that duty to the kingdom must always come first. There's no time for feelings or love in this line of work. The sun was setting and your heart was yearning for Natasha's presence, so you decided to call her in. Natasha hears your call of her name and promptly enters the room, ready to serve you.

"Yes, your highness. What can I assist you with?" She said with her raspy voice you've grown attracted to. "I was just wondering, instead of calling you knight, can I call you by Natasha?" You asked her with a smile that she physically melted at but had to keep her composure so she acted shocked by your words, so she looked slightly taken aback by your request. "As you wish, your highness. You may refer to me as Natasha if it is your desire." She said and you gave her a big smile which grew into a little smirk that you hid from her, you decided to tease her a bit to get her going. "You know...instead of having my fathers last name...it should be changed to y/n romanoff." I say confidently but a blush still crept up onto my cheeks. Natasha's face flushes with a hint of embarrassment at your teasing words. "That is quite amusing, your highness. However, I assure you that my last name is of little consequence in your protection. My primary objective is to keep you safe from potential threats, not to engage in such frivolous affairs." She said sternly as she tried to keep her heart from beating so fast at your comment. Your smile turns into a frown "oh..." you whispered and looked down embarrassed. Natasha felt her heart break at your sadden look and frowns sympathetically. "I apologize if my words came off as dismissive, your highness. It is simply that I take my duties very seriously and cannot allow any distractions to affect the safety of those under my protection." She states as she's trying not to let this liking towards you effect her duties and her career.

You shake your head as tears fill your eyes and you curse yourself under your breath for acting this way. "Just go Natasha..." you whisper. Natasha's expression softens as she sees your tears and hears your cracking voice as she places a comforting hand on your shoulder. "Your highness, please don't be upset. I am here to serve you, and your safety is always my top priority." Natasha says as she looks at you with a level of sympathy and affection that could be perceived as romantic. But Natasha quickly supresses her emotions, steeling herself to maintain a professional facade. "If you ever need me, just say the word and I'lI be there." Natasha states and you nod your head at her, feeling yourself blush at her touch. "Thank you Natasha..." you say as you lean up and give her a gentle kiss on the corner of her mouth.  Natasha's eyes widen briefly as you kiss her, though she quickly regains her composure and steps back. "Your highness, that is not appropriate." Despite the urge she has to grab you and kiss you, Natasha must maintain a professional demeanor, both for her own sake and for the sake of the kingdom. "Please refrain from making any advances towards me." She said sternly which instantly made her feel sad at how she had to act towards you just now. You felt your heart break into a million pieces and you scolded yourself for getting your hopes up that Natasha might have actually had feelings for you. You walk away from her and head to your bathroom and sob quietly.

Natasha watches you leave to the bathroom and sighs deeply, feeling a pang of sadness and regret. Though she is duty-bound and cannot allow herself to be swayed by personal desires, she cannot help but feel a deep connection to you. She stands in silence for a few moments, her mind racing with conflicting emotions, before leaving the room and goes back to standing outside your door.

~ a few weeks past ~

These past few weeks have been interesting, you have been avoiding Natasha as much as you can. You can't bear to look at her or even talk to her, it just hurts too much. You decided to talk a walk around the castle when someone grabbed you by your arm as they pulled you into a empty part of the castle, but before he put his hand over your mouth you screamed. "NATASHA! HELP ME!" Natasha who happens to be patrolling the castle, hears the princess's scream and rushes towards the source of the disturbance. As she enters the room and sees the guards attempting to assault you, Natasha grits her teeth and draws her sword. "Release her at once, or I'll cut your throat and leave you to bleed out." she says in a stern voice, her eyes flashing with anger and determination. The two guards looked terrified and looked like they were about to shit their pants so they let you go immediately which led you to fall to the hard floor. Natasha quickly rushes to your side, checking to make sure you were unharmed. "Are you alright, your highness?" she asks, concern etched on her face. She glares at the guards, who look down in shame at their actions. "This will not go unpunished. I will report this to the king and queen and have them deal with you accordingly." She growled at them.

You answered her question "n-no!" You cry out and hug her tight, wanting this to be over. Natasha gently wraps her arms around you, holding you close and offering comfort. "Shh, it's alright. I'm here now, and I won't let anvone harm you." She reassures you as she rubs soothing circles on your back, feeling her own heart breaking at the sight of the princess in such distress. "Please, your highness, tell me what happened." Natasha asked you with a soft and caring voice which made you feel a bit better. "i-i was just walking around the castle when t-they snatched me and w-was about to a-assault me..." you whimpered out and Natasha coos at you. "I'm so sorry that happened to you, your highness," Natasha says sympathetically. "Those guards will face justice for their actions. But for now, let's focus on your safety and getting you someplace safe." She says softly as she helps you up from the floor and escorts you out of the room, making sure to keep a watchful eye out for any other potential threats. "You can trust me, your highness. I will do everything in my power to protect you." Natasha says as you look up at her with a loving stare but you quickly look away. "You are making my feelings for you grow stronger Natasha." You sigh as she escorts you back to your room. Natasha returns your gaze with a kind and understanding look, though she keeps her emotions in check. "I am honored to serve you and protect you with my life, your highness," she says with a small smile. "You should rest now. I will make sure there are extra guards posted outside of your room tonight, just in case." She bows respectfully before taking her leave, her heart heavy with complicated feelings.

You nod at her request and bid her a goodnight. You put your nightgown on and go to sleep, trying to forget this awful day. As she makes her way back to her own quarters, Natasha can't help but think about the princess and the emotions that are growing stronger within her. While she knows that such feelings are taboo for a knight and a woman, there is little she can do to resist them. Deep in thought, Natasha returns to her quarters and spends the rest of the night pacing, trying to sort out her conflicted emotions.

A/n: should I make a part two for this 👀 this imagine was literally 2462 words- I think this was my longest fic yet sodkdkxkx but I hope y'all enjoyed! Requests are open for her and for my other characters I write. I have my own buy me a coffee page! You can give me a dollar and it will help. I also have some different commission types I will do so here's my page to look into it :) https://www.buymeacoffee.com/naturesapphic Requests are open for yeehaw!wanda, country!wanda, and any other southern variants of Wanda or Natasha! Remember to stay hydrated and to rest! I love y'all!