#010

go out? tonight? the repetition of her friend's words were foreign as she stood in front of the mirror and observed herself for the past 10 minutes. she didn't know what to expect. they weren't in the bustling city for kai to bring her to a luxurious dinner place nor could he bring bring her to any cafes. the facilities offered in the town were limited and she had no clue where they could be going. she also hesitated picking an outfit but settled for a beige cardigan since the weather that night felt abnormally chilly. as soon as she changed, her eyes stared at herself to pick out any flaws.

"y/n!"

the distant calls and knocks on her door from her friend awakened her from her daze. y/n unconsciously smiled and she found her feet moving quicker as she walked down the stairs and approached the door. she felt silly. she didn't know why she was acting like a girl in love.

well, she is in love with him. she just couldn't help it. who wouldn't like a kind man like him? though, falling in love with him in a short period of time felt unideal but hey, having a silly crush for a while isn't that bad. is it?

her heart drummed against her ribs with anticipation as she neared the door. her hand reached for the doorknob and she swung it open to see the man of her dreams at the other side. he stood as tall as the trees behind him. his hair swayed slightly due to wind and he shuddered which caused the girl to chuckle. an oversized hoodie hugged his body like a cocoon and a backpack was on his back. their eyes met and for a moment, time slowed down around them. kai cocked his head, his lips curving into a gentle smile.

"are you ready to go?" kai wiggled his brows excitingly as he dragged a bicycle into her eyesight. y/n stepped forward as soon as she locked her house's door, lips parted in amusement. she nodded to his question. as she neared him, her eyes managed to take note of the glistening sweat on his forehead which caused strands of his hair to stick onto it.

"did you go for a run or something?" she raised a brow. she stood on her tippy toes and allowed her fingers to rake her friend's hair back. kai surprisingly watched her, feeling his breathing halt in the process. a faint blush dusted Kai's cheeks as y/n's fingers gently brushed his hair away from his forehead. the touch, though casual, sent a flutter through his chest, and he cleared his throat, attempting to compose himself. y/n coughed, causing her to step back.

"sort of?" he answered, his gaze lingering on the coughing girl. the moonlight casted a soft glow on her features, making her look even more enchanting. the gravel crunched beneath their feet as the male shifted.

"sort of?" y/n parroted.

"mhm!"

"that doesn't answer me properly." she furrowed her brows, hands holding her hips. kai sat himself on the bicycle and patted the back, "you'll figure it out soon enough."

"tell me now!"

"it wouldn't be fun to spoil the surprise."

y/n grumbled to herself and comfortably positioned herself behind him. kai made sure she was well seated and slowly began to peddle.

"you can't just tell me we're going out and not tell me the location and what we are doing." y/n frowned as she tried to make kai spill his plans but he was tight lipped and barely answered the question properly. he simply hummed and waved it off which irked the girl.

"i think the moon is pretty."

sulky, y/n didn't respond. kai continued, "and you know y/n, i think you're as pretty as the sun."