Ø1

The hospital was as amazing as Eleanora remembered it. She readjusted the bag on her shoulder, she had a big, bright smile on her face as she followed the other interns as they were led around the hospital.

She remembered her journey since the last time she visited. She didn't get the full tour and assumed they were now just showing her the places they didn't show on the first tour.

"And this is where you'll put your stuff. There are too many of you, so just grab one locker. Showers and toilets are open to everyone, just be sure to close the stall doors while using it."  The Doctor said as he was guiding them, opening the doors to the locker room.

Eleanora had a hard time looking over some of the other's shoulders, biting the inside of her cheek as she tried to look around a tall, blonde woman.

A tap on her arm caused her to move her eyes from the locker room to her side.

A fellow intern with curly brown hair that was a little too long in the front gave him a small smile. "You know, I can move so you can have a better view. I mean, we'll see it every day for the next year, so it's not as exciting, but still."

Eleanora let out a small laugh, shaking her head. "Oh no, it's okay. I can see it later. But thank you." He said softly, moving his eyes forward. The Doctor who led them had been harsh and unforgiving to the people who talked over her, and Eleanora didn't want to be yelled at before her first day had started.

The man nodded, staring at her for a moment, before refocusing on the front. His voice was now a whisper as he leaned more towards her. "George O'Malley, by the way."

Eleanora looked at him with a slight turn of her head. She held out her hand for him to shake, giving him a dazzling smile. "Eleanora Amedeo. It's nice to meet you, George."

____

The group of interns was quite large. Realistically, Eleanora knew it would be harder to get to the top with so many people. But it also meant that he would meet more people in the new, foreign city he had just moved to.

Her train of thought was interrupted by a woman who stood next to her. She looked at her, giving her a warm smile. Smiles were the only thing Eleanora knew she could always do. No matter how she felt, she always kept a smile. Whether it was to comfort another person, cheer them up, help themselves through a dark time, or even lie and simply get through a horrible situation, she always counted on her smile to get her through the day.

The woman — another intern, Eleanora guessed — gave her back a half-baked one. Eleanora hadn't seen the woman before, and from the flushed complexion and the panicked expression on her face, she could tell that she was running late.

Eleanora felt compassion hit her lightly and leaned towards the woman, her voice low as they walked through the halls. "You really didn't miss much. Just the tour and some of the overly arrogant guys at the front were yelled at."

"Now I wish I hadn't missed it." The woman joked, and Eleanora let out a small chuckle. She soon turned her attention to the front as the group was ushered into a room she could only assume was an operating room.

It was empty but beautiful and as impressive as Eleanora could have hoped. She had seen only two operating rooms in her life, but none of them compared to this one.

The group dispersed around the room, Eleanora slowly walking to the operating table. She didn't touch it, she was too afraid of being yelled at for touching something in the sterile environment.

She felt the butterflies explode in her stomach as she looked at the table. All her life had led her to this moment. She was now a doctor and a surgical intern at one of the best hospitals in the country. And soon, she'd be helping with operations and being assigned cases.

The Starting Line (Reupload)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें