Chapter 10 - Forgive and Forget

Start from the beginning

But it was a nice thought too. A comforting one.

"Co-pilot to Pilot, this is Cher, how do you copy?"

"No good Co-Pilot, this plane's out of control! The circuits are fried!"

The twins yelled as their "plane" ran circles around the couch, pausing to laugh and stay in character.

"GOING DOWN! I repeat, we're going DOWN!"

Reese yelled just as Trophy tipped his head over, making the twins fall onto the couch.

"Co-Pilot, I think we need another plane."

"No Pilot, you need to steer better!!"

They giggled.

The Cherries turned around, wrapping their arms around their pretend aircraft. His gaze softened.

"Nothing wrong with this ol plane, Pilot! He's the best plane I ever flew!"

"He's an even better friend, Co-Pilot."

The old "plane" was content with their happiness. It was all he wanted, and he'd ensure it.

He pointed a finger to his head, offering a second plane ride. The twins cheered.

"This time, we're gonna be superheros!! Trophy's the invisible jet!!"

"No no!! I wanna be King Kong climbing the Empire State Building!!"

"Godzilla is better."

Whatever they decided he'd be, he'd be content with it.

Microphone wasn't entirely sure what to do with herself for the past few days. So many things had occurred in quick succession, she hardly had time to process them.

Today was particularly quiet, except for the Cherries current banger downstairs. She liked the quiet, it gave her time to be alone with her thoughts. She used to keep a diary to chronicle such thoughts, but hadn't done so in very long.

Maybe I should start doing that again.

Then again, the diary was never very helpful. She had often found herself more frustrated in writing than she was before, often leaving incomplete passages in the book or throwing it aside somewhere.

She was alone in her room, trying to come up with some meaningless task to distract herself with. She had nobody to speak to, at least not someone she knew she could keep a conversation with. Soap was absent, and Cheesy was not exactly the kind of company she wanted currently. She couldn't disguise all feelings with humor, it was a shotty coping mechanism.

Soap.

She hadn't fully stopped to think about Soap. When all was fully silent, sometimes she could remember Soap's face. Particularly on the day her accident occurred. Mic remembered clearly the sight of her being carted away into an ambulance.

Think of something else, please.

She fully realized how much time she'd wasted during her time on the show. Instead of trying to form meaningful friendships with as many people as possible, she was busy trying to win.

Dear Mic's Diary...

Her eyes shot open.

All the time she wasted on her.

And this was her price for it. Having nobody to turn to now. Maybe Soap would've leaned on someone else. She and Mic weren't really "best friends." So even if she was here, Mic realized she would still be alone.

Maybe I shouldn't have quit.

No. She didn't quit, she left on her own terms. It was right.

At least I'd be alone with a million dollars.