ishan laughs out, flushing a little. he finds in his gallery the video he shot today of himself working out, sending it to shubman.

ishan: enjoy
shubman: fuck
shubman: come back
shubman: RIGHT NOW

chuckling to himself, ishan asks surya if they should head out yet. he has to make a few stops anyway.

it’s their first party where they know they won’t wake up beside a random girl next morning.

“it feels weird in a way, doesn’t it?” ishan says.

shubman slings an arm around him, borrowing ishan’s cigarette for a drag of smoke.

“do you miss hooking up?” shubman asks.

ishan laughs, shaking off the lightheadedness. “no. the adrenaline was good though.”

“all these years, every night we went back without getting any, we should have just fucked each other,” shubman says, nudging him affectionately.

ah, he’s starting to get tipsy. ishan nods, glancing at his boyfriend. who’s looking hotter than he should, in his half-buttoned black satin shirt. the pearl necklace hugs his collarbone deliciously, he deliberately bought it to match with ishan’s.

ishan licks his lips, inching closer to shubman- not too close because he’s not drunk enough to forget about the whole team in the same room. the smoking is making shubman lightheaded as well. he looks at ishan like they are the only ones in the room.

ishan might be a tad bit turned on. he reminds himself that it’s not the place to be. so he diverts his thoughts to the rings, which are currently in his back pocket.

it’s just a promise ring, chill,’ he tells himself. nothing to be nervous about, not at all.

he gulps down a shot of whiskey, feeling brave, he drags shubman through the crowd into the corridor. his back meets the cool surface of the wall as he pulls shubman by his collar.

shubman dives in for a kiss immediately. his hand finds its way around ishan’s jaw, gripping it. his other hand is placed on ishan’s warm chest, feeling it heave up and down with each breath.

ishan smiles against his lips. “wait, this is not why we’re here.”

shubman lets out a whine, his voice hoarse. “this is cheating.”

ishan’s heart thumps against his ribs as he tries to bring up the topic. “um, i have something for you.”

shubman hums inattentively, pressing kisses along ishan's neck. “you smell so fucking nice, ish.”

ishan chuckles, trying to pull away but shubman just grabs his waist tighter.

meri jaan, listen to me-”

“less talking, more kissing.”

shubman connects their lips again and ishan can’t help but give in. he lets shubman swirl his tongue around, tasting every corner of his mouth.

he parts away with a short moan. “that’s enough. we're not alone here, okay?”

“you wouldn’t still be in your clothes if we were, baby,” shubman says, sighing.

ishan clears his throat, drumming his fingers against the fabric of his pants. “so. you know i love you a lot, right?”

shubman stares at him. “are you pregnant?”

“can you be serious for a moment?”

shubman smiles, stroking ishan’s cheeks gently. “you seem nervous, baby. is everything alright?”