Fallen friend

The Room Chapter 2
Fallen Friend

We got up and began walking away from the river toward the east. We were putting out trust into a single piece of paper with an arrow drawn on it pointing toward the east. It was kind of ridiculous thinking about it this way but we were already this far into our journey so stopping wasn't an option. In front of us was an open field, further ahead was a forest.

Ella: I don't know if I find this relaxing or stressful...I mean being in the open in this place isn't necessarily a good idea.

Oliver: Yeah I understand your point, if a beast come running at us we have nowhere to hide. But we can see them from further away.

Ella: Yeah but still it's kind of peaceful.

Oliver: Indeed.

As we approached the forest the threes were not normal they were special...extremely tall, large and had lots of weirds little branches on the trunk. These branches had no leaves unlike the top one who had these ordinary black leaves. Their trunk had a ghostly look to go with the thick fog in the forest. We came to a stop close before entering the dense fog of this unusual forest, we took our first steps into the unknown again. As our steps became lighter our breathing quieter and our heartbeat slower, we took our first step in this new territory, our ears on alert for danger. The fog wasn't as bad as I originally thought but it was still reducing the visibility by a lot. We began to walk at a slower pace than normally considering that we didn't know anything about this new place. The forest was actually peaceful as it didn't seem to have any creature or monster.

Ella: this forest is not as scary or dangerous as I thought it would.

Oliver: Yeah it's quite peaceful actually.

After a while of walking throughout this weird forest I started feeling like we were being watched. Some wind even started to appeared out of no where which never happened in the Room. The effect of the wind blowing through the threes and the leaves gave of a weird sound, it sounded like someone was whispering. I began to wonder if I was going insane of was this really something that could happened in this place.

Oliver: Do you hear it too?

Ella: The whispers?

Oliver: Yeah...

Ella: This place is so creepy...

Oliver: I feel like were being watched...

Ella: Yeah me too...

Then I started to feel weird like something was wrong about this place. Something wasn't right, but what? I asked myself over and over. Was this only a feeling this place was giving me or was there actually something watching us.

Oliver: There's something wrong...

Ella: I couldn't agree more... let's stop for a bit.

She said as she spotted a weird three that could offer cover in case anything happened. We hid under some of it's roots. Where we could discuss without this weird feeling.

Oliver: Did you see something in these woods?

Ella: No I just hate this feeling. It's so oppressing.