Episode 7-B: Help This Stubborn Lioness Cry.

Comincia dall'inizio

"And who on earth do you think that person is gonna be?"

"Someone who unlike your parents isn't worried about you not liking them anymore and actually is gonna punish you for your actions." Zara looked up at the brunette but then calmed down. The older girl was right. Her parents back home showed her much more love than discipline, she didn't complain about it as it was easier to get away with things. And she very much didn't regret that as she saw a few girls sporting pink behinds from their own parents.

Or from a boy that was a star player in his own right.

And the captain's next words sealed her fate about going to see this boy much sooner than she had ever planned. "So here is what is gonna happen, if you promise that you will and go and see the setter for the boys team and maybe a bit of a session with him will help you learn to control that attitude of yours. I might be willing to convince the coach to let you play in the next game."

Zara looked at the girl in shock. "You are sending me you get spanked, are you out of your mind?!"

"I am sending you to someone who can help you control that temper, what happens from it is up to you." Brittney's cheeks turned a bit pink as she looked away for a moment. "I can assure that he will not do anything unless you ask for it."

"Have you."

"Anyway," Brittney quickly interrupted. "Go and see him before the next practice, and than we will see if your attitude gets better. Because we are facing the vipers at some point and I know how much you hate Beatrice." Zara let out a growl just at the mention of her greatest rival in the city next to theirs. "I need you focused for that game, and who knows maybe there is something that only he can get out of you."

"And that is why I am here." Zara finished telling this tale to a boy with wavy hair and a skin complexion close to her own. He was not a strong looking boy on the surface, but she had seen enough of his sets to know that he had some power in those arms. She had come to his room the next day as promised, and she had no idea what to expect. She thought that maybe as soon as hse stepped one foot inside of this room that he would pull her over his knees and swat her backside. Maybe make her cry for the first time in nearly five years.

She had stopped crying a few years after she came to the orphanage, no one wanted a crying child her age.

Alphonso Lewis instead had brought her inside and made her a cup of tea. The flavor being one she hadn't had since she had left Africa. His eyes were like two warm brown suns and he listened more than he talked. He had a sweet tenor voice and his entire body was just peaceful for some reason. "I see," he responded. "And how long have you been doing this on the court?"

"Since I started last year," she was a sophomore and had been letting her anger get the best of her since she came. "It's complicated.... I get mad so fast and at first volleyball was the only way I had out. Brittney says I am a prodigy or something, I never played back home a lot of soccer but not volleyball. I am really good at it but it's hard to control anger."

"It's harder to control anger when you use it as your main emotion."

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that I can tell you are holding back a lot of past pain. It is not that hard to see and if I was a guessing man, you have not cried in a very long time. Sometimes that leads to anger, you don't have a good way to let out that emotion. When was the last time you cried?"

"Too long I don't really remember when I stopped."

"I have a way to help you, if you want it." Alphonso gave her a small smile. "Or we can sit here and have more tea, maybe even head to court three and I give you a few tosses. I am not as good as Brittney but I think I can throw the ball where you can bring it down."