Mitsuri × M! Reader

1k special!!!

💍Childhood promise💍

💍Childhood promise💍

"Mitsuri, why are you crying?" the tiny me asked.

Mitsuri tried wipe away her tears with her tiny hands but they kept coming, "the others say my hair color looks weird!" she sobbed out.

"Don't listen to them Mitsuri, I think they look nice!" I exclaimed, "I'm going to teach them a lesson!"

"No!" she hold my hand stopping me to do so, "if you do that, they won't play with me anymore!"

I scratched the back of my head troubled, I wanted to say something but first I need to cheer her up.

"Mitsuri look!" she lifted her head and I opened my palms showing her something adorable.

"A caterpillar, cute right!" I beamed but I made it worse, she sobbed louder.

'Girls don't like caterpillars?' I thought as I placed it back in the grass. "Mitsuri, why do you care what others say? Just ignore them." I said, "now stop crying, it doesn't suit you."

"B-but, what if nobody wants to marry me when I grow up?" she sobbed out.

I asked, "why are already thinking about marriage? We're just kids now."

"Because every girl's dream is to marry her price charming!" she exclaimed.

"What's so great about marriage?" I muttered and she heard me. Tears still fell from her eyes but she calmed down a bit.
"What if no one wants me bacuse of my hair, my big appetite and my strength?" she mumbled.

"Is marriage that important to you?" I eyed her and eventually sighed, "if no one wants you, how about just marry me when we grow up? I might be not prince charming but at least you aren't alone."