"Yes. I was just enjoying a few moments of silence on my comfortable couch that I hadn't seen in days". When Benny merely hummed his response, she continued. "Hey, are you okay?".

Benny sighed deeply "Yeah... Fine... Same old..." he said slowly.

Frida raised her eyebrows, crossing her legs under her body "You sure? You seem... a bit down?". When he sighed again, she knew something was wrong.

"Just... This morning... Christina showed up early at my door, you know...".

Frida held her breath briefly and swallowed with difficulty "Are you alone there?".

He sighed and she could literally see him sitting on the sofa, his head lolled on the back of the couch, defeated.

"Benny..." she sighed.

"Is it okay If I come there?" he said all in one breath even If almost mumbling, almost fearing that she'd say no.

"Of course" she answered without thinking, without the slightest hesitation, her words almost rushed out "You'll find hot chocolate waiting for you" she tried to tear a small smile from him.

He snorted slightly "Just you is more than enough" and gave her a tiny smile even though she couldn't see it.

She felt her cheeks get warmer inexplicably and chuckled "Okay, charmer, I'm waiting for you" and she stood up to go make the hot chocolate.

"See you soon" Benny muttered and closed the call.

Frida made a small detour to her kids' rooms to make sure they were sleeping peacefully and returned to the kitchen to start preparing.

As she filled the cups with hot chocolate, her phone vibrated on the counter next to her and she read a text from Benny telling her he was at the door. She hurried a bit and skipped through the house to let him in. When she opened the door, Benny was casually leaning against the wall, his eyes cast down.

When he saw the door opening, he stood up straighter and leaned closer to touch his cold lips with her warm cheek, daringly close to the corner of her mouth.

"Hello".

Frida caught his right hand with both of hers and dragged him inside, away from the cold "Hey... How are you?" she muttered, noticing his dark expression and his luck of enthusiasm.

He smiled at her, tired but cute. Everything seemed cute around him.

"Okay" he sighed and took off his coat.

She crunched her face "Liar" and this time she made him smile more amused "Come into the kitchen, the chocolate is ready and... so I can grill you better there".

"You know exactly how to threaten a man, Frida" he joked, following her, their hands united again.

They sat around the kitchen table, leaving the door half open so as not to wake the children. Frida stared at him in silence, watching as he blew on his steaming cup. Finally, their eyes met and Benny took a deep breath.

"So... Peter and Heléne's mom came to see them?" Frida asked hesitantly. She only knew very little about his ex, the thing she knew best was that their relationship were no longer so civil and that she didn't see their children often, but the children were still in love with their mother.

"Yep" Benny confirmed, nodding slowly "She showed up very early and told me that she wanted to go Christmas shopping with the kids because they won't be with her this year... Like every other year, I add" he said sarcastically and took a sip of his chocolate "You can imagine... The kids were so happy... And then she asked them If they wanted to spend all day with her... Till next morning" he shrugged "My opinion, at that point, was almost useless".