★ ⸺͏͏ ONE

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂☆

☆ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂

Exclusive Interview with Director/Writer of "The Missing Piece," A24's newest film

Evangeline Bailey for NYLON

STACEY: Ms. Bailey, hello! It's so nice to meet you. You look gorgeous, by the way! Who are you wearing tonight for your very first premiere?

EVE: Oh please, call me Eve. Ms. Bailey is my mother. Speaking of my lovely mom, [laughs] I'm actually wearing a vintage Dior piece that used to be hers. I wanted to have a part of her with me tonight especially since she couldn't be here.

S: Well, Eve, you look lovely! Would you consider her your biggest supporter?

E: Oh, 100 percent! Ever since I told her I wanted to be a director, she's been nothing but supportive. "The Missing Piece" is based on my real life experiences so she was also a large part of my support system during those very hard times.

S: Speaking of "The Missing Piece," what was like going from a college student at NYU to working with A24 to produce your debut film?

E: It definitely still feels super surreal. Even though I originally write the script about 3 years ago for a class, it feels like everything happened just yesterday, from casting to the shooting to now, the premiere. I couldn't be more thankful for the people at A24 and all of the truly amazing humans that worked on the film with me. Also, shoutout to Dr. Kanu for telling me that the project wasn't total trash when I turned it in like a day late. [laughs]

S: It most definitely isn't trash, I can tell you that! [both laugh] Obviously the film is based on your life as a student in New York City and tumultuous relationship during that time. What was it like making a movie about that time in your life?