"I don't know. Two victims in 3 hours? That's a spree." JJ says.

"Our unsub may claim another victim soon." Spencer says.

"Which is why we're headed west. We'll land in Orange County, half of us will go to San Diego, the other half L.A. Wheels up in 30."

+++

"All right, let's go over victimology." Hotch says. "Neither of the victims was sexually assaulted or robbed."

"Well, Brenda was a teacher and a mother of two." JJ says. "She went to meet a friend that night."

"Mm-hmm. And her husband backs the story." Blake says.

"And the other victim, Mark Coleman, was an addict." Hotch says.

"He was killed in the parking lot of a drugstore around the corner from the sober living house." Derek says.

"A woman with no apparent addiction issues and a tweaker in a sober living house?" JJ asks. "They probably don't know each other."

"Garcia, did the unsub call the victims on the disposable cells prior to that night?" Rossi asks.

"Let's see. In the last few weeks, he called each of the victims over two times a day." Penelope says.

"That's not random. It's hunting." Hotch says.

"Without phone transcripts, it's going to be hard to understand what the unsub's ruse was." Derek says.

"Well, it ended pretty bad." Blake says. "Tying someone to the back of a car is horrific and uncharacteristically high risk behavior."

"It was pure torture. Skin was scraped off, bones were broken." Spencer says.

"That's about desecrating the body." Rossi says.

"Well, our unsub is comfortable using chains and hitching equipment." JJ says.

"You know, the crimes could have been committed to promote fear." Derek says.

"All right, just-- can we rewind for a second? Is it possible to kill someone in San Diego and then drive 2 1/2 hours up to L.A. and then do it again?" Blake asks.

"If you drove a V8 engine with a single plane crankshaft 80 miles per hour in good traffic, you took the I-5 to the 405 to the 10 East, got off on La Cienega, went right on Washington, north on Vermont, and then snuck up Selma using the back alley, you could do it in an hour, 42 minutes, and still have time for tacos."

"Wow." Blake whispers.

"Yeah." JJ chuckles.

"JJ, you and Morgan go to the latest crime scene. Dave, you and Blake to San Diego to the medical examiner's, and Reid, Davis, and I will go to the LAPD." Hotch says.

+++

They get outside of the car and Bedelia grabs the box of research.

"Here." She hands it to Spencer.

"Why do I have to carry it?" He asks.

"So they don't try to shake your hand." Bedelia says.

"Oh. Thanks." He smiles at her.

They go inside.

"Hi. I'm Detective Pratt." She shakes Hotch's hand. "You must be SSA Hotchner."

"I am. This is Dr. Spencer Reid and Agent Bedelia Davis." Hotch informs. Bedelia shakes the woman's hand and Spencer smiles.

"Pleasure." He mumbles.

"Well, I talked to San Diego PD. They sent over everything on the first victim Brenda Wipley's case. And Mr. Coleman's updated file's on the conference room table." Pratt says as she leads them through the building.