"stalker" the two girls laughed. laurie saw matt sitting by himself near the pool table so she nudged bonnie and pointed over to matt. getting the hint, the girls went over and sat with him. "hey matt"

matt looked up at them, a bit surprised to see them. "hey guys" they both sat opposite him.

"how are you doing?" bonnie asked, knowing he's hurting from elena.

"how's elena doing?" he asked her. "matt.."

"her mom and dad died. how do you think? she's putting on a good face, but it's only been four months" bonnie interrupted laurie with a sad smile. "has she said anything about me?"

laurie could really tell, matt cared for elena, both as a friend and more. "oh, no. we're so not getting in the middle. you pick up the phone and call her"

"i feel weird calling her. she broke up with me" the blonde mumbled.

"you need to give her more time, matt" laurie reassured him. elena definitely needed time to try and get back to normal. she's sure trying to live without your parents would be very difficult.

just as she finished her sentence, she could see matt staring at something behind her. laurie and bonnie turned to see elena walking into the grill... with stefan. laurie turned back to face matt with sad eyes. "more time, huh?"

she felt really bad for matt. before she could say anything, he had gotten up and walked over to them. the girls looked at each other, thinking he might start a fight. but he just introduced himself to stefan and walked away.

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

now laurie was sitting at a table with bonnie, caroline, elena and stefan. "so, you were born in mystic falls?" caroline asked him.

"mm-hmm. moved when i was still young" he replied with a smile, but he just kept staring at elena. "parents?" laurie asked.

"my parents passed away" wow, laurie felt bad for asking him that now. elena also felt bad but of course, she knows what it's like. "i'm sorry. any siblings?"

"none that i talk to. i live with my uncle" he smiled, with a little glance at laurie but keeping his eyes on elena. he's been here two seconds and is already in love, laurie thought.

"so, stefan, if you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow" caroline spoke, probably wanted stefan to look at her and not elena.

stefan shook his head. "it's a back to school thing at the falls" bonnie explained.

he turned his attention back to elena. "are you going?" laurie knew this was a big party and she thought her friend needed to have a good time tomorrow, she deserves to be happy again. "of course she is!"

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

laurie was back in history class, learning about god knows what. she was just daydreaming, looking out the window. "the battle of willow creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own mystic falls. how many casualties resulted in this battle? ms. blake?" mr tanner called to her.

she snapped out her daydream. "um...a lot? i'm not sure but its gotta be a lot" she giggled, trying to be funny. mr tanner doesn't speak funny.