"touch me" the blonde one smiled, putting her hands in front of her, for her friend to grab. "i'm sorry?" bonnie raised her eyebrows.

"touch my hands and see if you get a... vision" laurie replied, her hands still in the air. bonnie didn't by it. "what! no"

"ugh. why not? please" her friend pleaded. bonnie rolled her eyes, grabbing laurie's hands. just like before, bonnie spaced out for a few moments. she pulled her hands away from laurie, very confused. "well?"

"um... i saw you, in front of this house... and you had this dress on that hasn't been in fashion in a good one hundred years" well, not what laurie was expecting. stefan was still listening in, and what he heard made him nervous, trying not to show it on his face.

"ha, a dress" laurie laughed. when was the last time i was in a dress, she thought. and what house?

"see i told you. i'm drunk" laurie shrugged as she turned to find stefan looking at her while him and elena were walking to the bridge. laurie and bonnie had decided to walk over to where matt was. he was by himself and they felt bad. after few minutes of talking, caroline came running over, pointed at stefan and elena on the bridge, they had a full view of them.

"he's so hot" caroline signed, taking a sip of her drink.

"really, care" laurie hissed. even if she agreed with her, don't say it in front of elena's ex. matt turned sour and sadness was evident on his face.

"what? it's true" she smirked, not feeling any sympathy for her friend standing beside her.

"you know, i think this could be good for her. meeting new people" bonnie admitted.

"yeah, i agree" laurie hummed. she noticed every now and again stefan would glance over at them but he's eyes were only looking at her. you know, he couldn't help himself. he has lived years wanted to see his best friend face again and here it was, staring him straight in the face. the question of her being a vampire came to his mind, charlotte was killed by one. he just wanted to stick to his plan of getting to know elena, but he had to admit, it was hard not to look at laurie.

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

the group dispersed, matt talking to his jock friends, bonnie and caroline were still talking and laurie had made her way for another beer. sitting on the table, drink in hand, she took a look around, looking at everyone talking, drinking and having a good time. she didn't even notice stefan had crept his way over to her, until he spoke. "hey"

the blonde jumped a little, not expecting him. "oh, hi"

"i did it again, didn't i?" stefan gave a shy smile. "it's ok"

there was a few moments of silence, where the pair were just staring at one another. stefan couldn't help it, she looked just like charlotte. "um. are you getting a drink?" laurie asked, glazing down at the drinks on the table, breaking eye content.

"oh, no. not really my thing" he shook his head. laurie notice a ring on his finger. it was blue and silver, with a big s in the middle of it. she hadn't seen one like it before. although it did remind her of one damon had on earlier at the grill. damon... laurie thought that she might tell him about damon talking to her today.

stefan could tell something was troubling her. "everything alright?" he asked, a little concerned.

the blonde girl looked up at him. "oh. yeah it's just.." she glazed down at her drink in her hands. "you said you had siblings right?"

stefan shook his head, wondering why she was bring it up. maybe she was charlotte? a vampire from 1864..? "i might of met your brother today" she signed.

stefan immediately became tense. he didn't have the best relationship with damon and the thought of him near laurie was enough to send him hunting. "yeah..?"

"yeah... he came and sat down at my table, at the grill. a bit of a creep" a little laugh came from the both of them. stefan wondering why damon would to that. probably trying to get back at him or something. or maybe he thought it was charlotte too? "did he say anything to you?"

laurie noticed how tense stefan had gotten with the mention of his brother. she didn't want to cause any trouble, although he did say they don't have a good relationship. "yeah he said i reminded him of someone.. a friend of yours?"

this is not what stefan wanted to happen. he didn't want her or elena to find out about charlotte or katherine. who knows how they would react to knowing they look like people he knew from 1864. stefan could feel his heart skip a beat "did he say anything else?"

"no. well, he was very admit about me forgetting i met him. he was very tense about it. i just called him a creep and left" stefan knew immediately what she was taking about. he wanted to compel her, but why didn't he? then stefan glazed down, and sure enough laurie had a bracelet on, probably laced in vervain.

then he came to the conclusion that she had to know about vampires. "that's a pretty bracelet" he pointed at it, trying to switch the subject.

laurie was surprise and glazed down at it. "oh, yeah. my parents got it for me. hey, my dad is on the council with zach, your uncle"

well, if the bracelet didn't make it obvious, her dad being on the council definitely did. just as stefan was going to reply, they could hear yelling. laurie instantly knew the voices, elena and jeremy gilbert were running out from the woods, jeremy carrying an unconscious vicki donovan, matt's sister.

laurie jumped off the table and ran over to them, panic written all over her face. "oh my god, vicki!"

with laurie's yell, matt looked over to see his sister being carried by the youngest gilbert and he rushes over "vicki?.. vicki! what the hell?!"

bonnie and tyler lockwood also rush over, panic written on all their faces. "what happened to her?"

"bonnie, call an ambulance!" matt yells, not knowing what to do.

"everyone back up, give her some space!" tyler pushing everyone out of the way.

"it's her neck. something bit her. she's losing a lot of blood" laurie looks down at vicki's neck, her eyes widen in fear.

"here" she quickly takes her jacket off and covers her neck to stop the bleeding. laurie looks up into the crowd, remembering she left stefan. she spots him looks at them, with a face of pure shock and confusion. he makes eye contact with her but rushes away into the crowd.

°