Chapter 3

We just got to school. This is my third day attending night school, and I don't mind it much. I really feel more active at night. Ayato and Kanato are both in my class. Kanato sits to the left of me and Ayato sits in front of him. Neither of them have really talked to me over the course of these three days in class. I usually walk alone to class, but today Ayato has decided to join me. I helped him clean up his wound before we left and he had sucked my blood as a 'punishment'. Since the first day I met him, I've had some feelings for him of some sort, but I can't exactly figure out what they are. "Oi, (Y/N), mind telling me why you got so tense earlier?"he asks in a polite tone, leaving me slightly shocked for a moment. Still, I keep my casual tone and reply,"Personal matters...might tell you later..." He seems only the slightest bit pleased with my answer. When we get to class, we take our seats. Kanato is, as usual, playing with his Teddy. He usually looks at me with his creepy smile, but today he doesn't. I have a feeling that it has to do with what happened earlier. I look at the board and realize that today's topic is art. I have a great passion for art. It is one of the very few classes I look forward to. Ayato seems to notice the smile that reaches my lips as I read the board. "What are you so happy about?" he inquires. "Oh nuttin... I just really enjoy art..."I reply only half paying attention to him while I wonder what I should draw. I don't notice him approach me until he whispers in my ear,"If you like art and drawing so much, then why don't you draw Yours Truly?" I don't like Yours Truly much, Ayato Sakamaki, on the other hand, is much easier to get along with, so I tell him,"Thanks for the offer but I would much rather just draw plain Ayato Sakamaki, if you don't mind." A sly smile slowly carves itself into his lips and he says,"Fine. Draw plain Ayato Sakamaki, but you will have to pay the consequence later if I don't like it." I nod to him in agreement.

Once I'm done drawing him, he is amazed by my skill and lifts the punishment. There are still twenty minutes left of this class and I really need to go to the restroom so I go.

I'm walking back to class when I find myself face-to-face with none other than Laito Sakamaki. "My, my, my. Look who we have here...why if it isn't (Y/N). Or should I say...'little black belt',"he says to me raising my head by y chin so that his olive green eyes meet directly with my (Y/EC) ones. "I'm sorry, Laito, but I don't have time to talk right now, I need to get back to class to put away the portrait I drew-"I say, but he cuts me off by covering my mouth lightly with his hand. He puts a finger to his mouth to signal me to be quiet. I haven't always enjoyed following rules, and this isn't an exception. I take his hand off my mouth and politely say,"I believe I said I couldn't talk right now, so I would be very happy if you wold let me go...or else." I say the last part more harshly and with a glare. "Or else what?"he asks with a fake worried expression. "Or else...THIS!"I say as I knee him in his sensitive part. He almost instantly falls to the ground in pain, muttering curse words under his breath. I leave the scene as quickly as possible and run back to class.

Ayato notices my panting and heavy breathing and asks what happened. "I had a small encounter with Laito and...um...kneed him..."I say looking away when I say the last part. He starts chuckling and I look back at him, puzzled. He is laughing hardernow and has to put his hand on his mouth to stiffle his laughter. After a few minutes, he calms down. " Can't believe how you can laugh so hard about your own brother being harmed badly," I tell him, shaking my head. "Who ever said I cared about my brothers?"he says as he helps me clean up. "Well you should...they're your family,"I say," I'm surprised I got two vampires pissed off at me in the space of 4 hours." He chuckles at this.

During lunch I sit, as I have for the last two days, alone. But today, Ayato comes to me and says,"Oi, (Y/N), I think it's time you start sitting with us over there,"he gestures towards a table at which all the other Sakamaki brothers are sitting. I follow him to the table and take the remaining seat next to him, which is unfortunately next Laito. I hear him mumble something like "...courageous, Bitch-chan...". I begin to eat, like the rest of the brothers, in silence. Ayato breaks the silence,"So how was it, Laito? How'd it feel?" Laito glares at him but replies, "Painful." Ayato bursts out laughing and the others at the table stare at him. Guess they don't know what happened, yet."Why so noisy?"Shu asks annoyed. "What could possibly be so humorous?"Reiji asks, also annoyed. Kanato and Subaru just stare at Ayato. I decide I best explain this unless I want more suspicion to arise. " Laito attacked me when I was getting out of the restroom. I had kneed him for self defense,"I rapidly explain. There is silence for a while, except for Ayato trying to calm down. I believe he's been laugh to long now,"Ayato, you've laughed for to long now. You should really stop." He keeps laughing. "Guys, would it be OK if I gave your brother here my best laughter rememdy?" I ask the brothers. "So long as it shuts his mouth," Subaru says. The other brothers nod in agreement. "OK. Here goes,"I say warningly as I slap him hard on the back of his head. He imeadiatly stops laughing and stares at me. That tell me I'd better run. " Excuse me,"I say as I pick up my tray and get up. I throw it away and run as fast as possible toward the library. I sit in a corner and start reading a book. I have figured out my feelings for Ayato. Love. I have completely fallen for him. Since the first day we met I have liked him. But I now know that I am completely in love. Why? 'Why' I ask myselmyself, 'Why did I have to fall in love with a vampire?'
Why?