Chapter 353 - 356

Start from the beginning

Li Rong secretly heaved a sigh of relief. She was so touched that she was about to cry. It was unbelievable that she wasn't reprimanded. She immediately left, as if she had been pardoned.

Seeing Li Rong leave, Wei Zhou retracted his gaze. If he remembered correctly, this was the first time that Li Rong had made a mistake as a secretary. He naturally wouldn't blame her. After all, it was human nature. Listening to the interview about Xia Jiang on the tablet, Wei Zhou focused his attention on this. Seeing Xia Jiang smile slyly, Wei Zhou knew that Xia Jiang wasn't joking.

Excellent Era Corporation and North Stream Real Estate Group were both top 100 companies in the country. The two companies had worked together several times in the past few years. North Stream Real Estate Group had built quite a number of dormitories and a large industrial park for Excellent Era Corporation. For such a large project, naturally, he and Xia Jiang had to meet and talk. The two of them had even had dinner together. Wei Zhou knew this, so he knew about Xia Jiang's temper quite clearly.

He had insomnia last night, so his head was hurting right now. But when he thought about Su Yan's attitude at the banquet yesterday, he felt like his heart was hurting even more than his head. Su Yan's calm and cold gaze made him feel like he was suffocating.

Chapter 354: Counter Every Move

The more Wei Zhou thought about Su Yan's indifferent gaze, the more his heart ached. He even felt a sense of despair. He had confessed to Su Yan in front of so many people last night, but she had remained indifferent to him. Not only was she not touched at all, instead, she had expressed her impatience to him. He felt as if he was really going to lose Su Yan.

The phone on the table vibrated. Wei Zhou took a look and his expression immediately turned cold. The call was from Mrs. Wei, Zhong Cuiping. He didn't need to ask to know what the other party wanted to say.

..

Floral Villa.

After lunch, Su Yan lay on the bed and prepared to take a nap. However, Xia Zijian called her. Su Yan picked up the phone. "Young Master Xia?"

Xia Zijian's voice sounded, "You saw the trending search, right?"

Su Yan said, "Yes, I've troubled you, Young Master Xia."

Xia Zijian smiled and said, "It's not troublesome at all. I just told my dad to speak up for you. No one expected him to say that. Now that this matter has gone viral and has exceeded expectations, my dad felt that it was a little inappropriate. He accidentally caused this matter, so he wanted me to treat you to a meal as an apology."

Su Yan smiled and said, "There's no need to treat me to a meal. Help me tell President Xia that these matters have no effect on me. Tell him not to worry too much and do whatever he wants on the internet. It doesn't have any effect on me anyway."

It was just momentary. Anyway, most of the comments were positive towards her. Seeing that Su Yan was in a pretty good mood, Xia Zijian said, "That won't do. My dad has given the order. I don't dare to disobey him. When you have time, feel free to tell me what you want to eat."

Su Yan said in a low voice, "Young Master Xia, I appreciate your and President Xia's kind intentions, but I really can't dine with you. We've just been on the trending search together. If we eat together at this juncture, what if we reappear on the trending search?"

Xia Zijian said straightforwardly, "Don't you want to anger Wei Zhou?"

Hearing this, Su Yan was amused. She felt that Xia Zijian was really like a child. "Young Master Xia, you've misunderstood. Wei Zhou and I broke up peacefully. There's no resentment between us, so I don't need to anger him, because there's no point in doing that."