074. self-fulfilling prophecy

Start from the beginning

"I haven't told the boys yet." Massey says.

"Do they know who we are?" Derek asks.

"I'll tell them when the time is right." Massey says. "I've called all the parents. They're driving from up and down the east coast. In fact, Josh Redding's have just arrived."

"I'd like to speak with them." JJ says.

"They're in the chapel." Massey says.

"How are they?" JJ asks.

"As you'd expect." Massey says.

"All right, I'll get started." JJ says.

"Cadet." Massey calls. The cadet leads JJ off.

"Any leads on Josh?" Derek asks.

"In that terrain, he's only capable of moving a mile an hour." Massey says.

"Puts him in a 60 mile radius." Spencer says. "That's 3,600 square miles to cover."

"Tawes knows those woods better than anybody." Massey says.

"We've got two agents meeting him and we'll start the investigation here." Hotch says.

"Where's the place with the most outlets?" Penelope asks.

"Best bet is in the library." Massey says.

"Thank you." Penelope says. A cadet leads her, Bedelia, and Spencer off.

+++

Penelope is dealing with all of her technology, her back to the rest of the room. Bedelia is leaning against the table and facing Penelope, ready to help if needed.

"Come on, baby. Come on." Penelope coaxes her technology.

"Boo!" Spencer calls, tapping his finger on the globe. Penelope gasps and Bedelia yelps.

"Spencer Reid!" The brunette chides making him quietly laugh.

"Jeez, you scared me. I thought you were a ghost." Penelope says.

"You know, older buildings like this emit a low enough frequency that you can't consciously hear. Because the sensory overload can't be explained, it wreaks havoc with your emotions, including fear, panic, and dread, hence the feeling of being haunted." Spencer says as he walks over and puts the file he has down.

"What about the visions?" Penelope asks.

"Your eyes overcompensate for what your ears are missing." Spencer says. "That said, I do know a 3 year old boy that once met a friendly apparition named Leverett Saltonstall."

"He was nice?" Penelope asks, smiling.

"Very nice." Spencer nods. "You'd think the laundry room would be closer to the dorms."

"It's not in the basement?" Bedelia asks.

"It's on the opposite side of campus. That's so strange." Spencer says.

"Yeah." Penelope mumbles.

"Leaves of three, let them be." Rossi says, pointing to Emily who is scratching her arm.

"Oh, man. Poison ivy. Alcohol swabs, stat." Penelope says, getting up.

"Thank you." Emily tells her. "You know, if I've got it, so do you." She tells Rossi.

"I'm Italian. It knows better." Rossi says. Bedelia shares an amused look with Spencer. "Where's Massey?" Penelope gives Emily an alcohol swab.

"He's meeting with the victims' families." Hotch says. "They're arriving now. JJ, how are Josh's parents?"