Although Jungkook doesn't have a preference, he senses the hesitation from Jimin when the group decides to walk the rest of the way. There is no way his back is as fine as he says it is. It does upset Jungkook but he doesn't intervene. Keeping an eye on him will do, he supposes.

Nearly 15 minutes into hiking the trail along the rugged coastline, Jungkook feels a desperate call of nature. They are not entirely abandoned, there are some ocassional hikers and local workers around, but this place is no Gangnam either. They are basically surrounded by cliffs and an occasional view of the sea. There isn't even one portable toilet in sight. Jungkook silently curses whoever thought hiking a random trail in the middle of nowhere was a great idea, especially considering they are all tourists with little to no Italian skills.

Exasparated, he takes advantage of the tired sighs coming from the group to suggest taking a break, and makes a run to the nearest dense bush. It's not the epitome of coolness, he knows, but then again, who's there to care? With Sang Du hanging around Jimin the entire hike, it's not like Jimin has time to spare him a look.

Jungkook is not being sensitive about it – he can almost hear Jimin lecture him on how prejudiced and black and white he is and whatnot. But it's not that! Jungkook trusts his instincts, and his instincts tell him that there is something peculiar about this man that he doesn't want Jimin to do anything with.

It's a reasonably fast trip to the trees (bugs biting his ass is scary in itself). But why isn't he surprised when he finds Jimin and Sang Du grouped over a rock, chatting heartily about something that puts Jimin's full teeth on display?

Jungkook hears Yoongi approach him but doesn't pay him mind. He is zeroed in on the pair, focused on that hand on Jimin's shoulder, the leaning-in-for-a-joke trick, and the way it easily works to turn Jimin into a disco ball, all smiley and playful and shit.

"Not what I meant by pay attention to him," Yoongi pinches his arm, getting Jungkook to blink awake from his daydream. "You look like a werewolf about to pounce its prey."

"Me?" Jungkook huffs a laugh. "Really?" he points to the suit-wearing stupid man next to Jimin. "Tell me you think anything good can come from a clown like that, hyung. Who fucking wears silk out of everything, on a hike?"

They both stare at the man, whose silk purple suit sticks out like a sore thumb amidst the greens and browns of nature. He looks like a disco ball lost in the woods, for God's sake!

Yoongi inhales a sharp, clever breath. "Have you ever heard of the saying..." he flickers his fingers humorously, "...to each their own?" It's followed by his signature 'smartypants' expression that steals a smile from Jungkook's face.

"Not in my lifetime. Must be an old people thing," Jungkook manages to dodge Yoongi's swing before it lands, storming towards his target. "Be back!"

Jimin is slightly turned away from him so he doesn't notice Jungkook approaching, but Sang Du does. They lock eyes, and the intensity in the man's gaze sends shivers down Jungkook's spine.

Jungkook is nervous. There is a rhythm beating on his chest which makes him feel wrong, or wronged. But why can't he justify it? He knows he has an excuse for butting in. He always has them in the moment. But with the way Jimin sees right through him, sometimes in ways Jungkook himself can't, he is scared to reveal parts of himself unintentionally.

"That's perfect," Jimin finishes pointing at something on Sang-Du's screen as Jungkook crouches next to him. He feels a jolt as their thighs touch, quickly realizing he has sat, let's say... closer than intended. He is sure Jimin notices it too, because there is a subtle shift beside him, and sure enough, Jimin is turning towards him with eyes wide, an expression that melts Jungkook's heart when he says "Jungkook," so softly.